2- injured soldier

Nayantara POV:

"Tara, here." Panditji gave me prasad.

"Thank you,  Pandit ji."

He gave a warm smile.

"Tara, you didn't come from a long time. It seems like princess is not giving you holidays." Priest said.

We sat on stairs of mandir. He didn't know that I am princess myself. I lied to him about being princess's personal maid.

"Maybe she is not giving but I love doing work so thats not a problem." I said.

Pandit ji treat me like his own daugher & advise me on life. I felt guilty lieing about my identity. But If he knew that I am princess then he would also treat me differently and I didn't want it.

Today, he told me some extent from 'Krishn- Rukmini Samvad' ( krishn rukmini conversation).

After talking to him, I helped them in cleaning the temple. This Ram Mandir is some 20 minutes distance from palace. I love to visit it when I get some chance to excape the palace, I borrowed cloths from Pallavi and  disguise me as commoner.

I was going to market for buying things for myself and Pallavi.

I was in my way when two men came from forest.

They were wearing Simple brown Kurta and white dhoti. one men was bleeding while other was helping him to walk.

"Excuse me" one of them who was helping said to me.

"yes "

"Can You help us? Tell us please, Is there any ved (physician) nearby? My friend got injured by wild animal." he asked me.

I looked at other man who was heavily bleeding. He couldn't even stand properly but his eyes were focus on me. His Black curly hairs till shoulder and his face have some faded scars. But with these he managed to look attractive. There was blood on his small pink lips. I looked at his tanned well build chest. The wound on his chest looked like attack from wild animal.

"Baisa (sister), we asked something." The men who asked first said.

I moved my attention to him and said.

"I don't think there is any ved nearby but palace is near. There you can find ved."

"We.. can't... go to palace." The injured man said in pain.

"We are soldiers from other kingdom.  We can't asked palace for help and there will be royal veds. They can't treat soldiers" The other man said.

"Why they can't ? I am princess. " I stopped for a second and manage to say   " Princess maid.  I will ask princess to order them. " i said and hoped they believe me.

The injured man stared at me and other man's face change into tense one. 

"No,no,no. It's inappropriate.  Thank you for your time but we can't do it. " he said and helped injured men ready to go.

"Stop. If you can't go to palace, I will help you with whatever I can do." I said smiling. I am princess it's by dharma to help needy persons.

I brought them to temple and asked Pandit ji to gave them shelter for sometime.

"There is cottage at some distance at back of temple. They can stay there. "Panditji said.

"What's your name young men?" Panditji asked.

"Nanda sir. "One said.

We looked at injured man. "Ru..Raj , Pandit ji." he said.

They move to cottage. One of volunteer at temple gave me herbs I asked.

I went cottage. There was need,  table and an almirah. Raj was lying on bed.

"May I ask you, Raj.? Which wild animal attacked you?" I asked him. He moved his gaze to me.

"I attack lion. "He said with straight face. Did he ever show emotion?  He is injured but there is no expression of pain on his face.

I made paste sitting there with all knowledge i had.  I am not a physician.

I sat on bed behind him.

"Open your kurta." I said him tried to avoid my awkwardness.

"Why? "He asked in his child voice.

I looked at him confused. For what are you showing me your attitude? I am who helped you to better behave gentlemen.

"Because I am unable to apply padate over your kurta. "I said offended. What he think of himself? I am interested starting at his not so good body.

He sat and removed his kurta what is now covered in blood.

I took a clean cloth and dip it in water. I cleaned blood and dust from his body.

He was beast in body. His will build chest and scars on his left side of chest maybe from some battle. He is soldier but more like warrior.

After cleaning his body I took she paste on my fingers. Bring them near his chest.

I felt his eyes on me. I never come this close to any man expect my father and brother,  Pratig. And I am princess of Indragarh sitting this close to a half naked men. I apply paste with my fingers on his chest.  My fingers were rubbing against his iron chest. All these time his gaze was on me and this was giving sensation to my spine. I felt my knees weak.

I finished as soon as possible and come outside the cottage.

'What these butterflies in stomach means.  This is wrong,  Nayantara. You are engaged to king Rudra.' I thought and went back to palace.

.........................................................

Khoobsurat se ek pal Qissa ban jaata hai.

Janne kab aur kaun zindagi ka hissa ban jaata hai

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Love you Jantaaa!

Vote on chapter