Chapter 52: Tomorrow is Another Day.

Beautiful Days - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

"COME ON, EVERYONE!" Hina commanded, blowing her whistle, "HUP-TO! HUP-TO! HUP-TO!"

"Asahina, you're using that in the wrong context!" Leon wheezed, "We're not training to be soldiers here!"

"Makes no difference to me," Mukuro remarked.

With Hope's Peak Academy's Sports Day right around the corner, it was more important now than ever that the Ultimate Students got in shape. Much like their average class, the students weren't actually REQUIRED to attend the events, at least not those that didn't have athletic talents. But as mentioned prior, they had all noted down what sports they would participate in if they needed to.

But it became apparent that at some point, every one of the students was going to have to do something physical, something that Mr. Kizakura had warned them of just this morning and had thus handed the responsibility of such a matter over to the class representative.

Ishimaru's solution? A straightforward but efficient jog around their modest academy's quiet riverbank roads with all of Class 78. Everyone was running, decked out in their P.E uniforms, with Sakura Ogami and Aoi Asahina leading the charge. As one might expect, opinions were not entirely unanimous, even though everyone eventually came around.

Hina and Sakura, being the sports junkies that they were, were ALL ABOUT this idea, and as mentioned, they were the ones taking the front of the group throughout. Sakura Ogami was unbelievably fast; hell, if she wanted to, she could run all the way from Japan to Prague in a matter of minutes, so obviously, she was barely working up a sweat through a casual run like this. Even so, she didn't mind since she had the company. And obviously, Taka was very enthusiastic about his own suggestion, seeing it not as a way to train but as a bonding exercise for his classmates.

Makoto, Sayaka, Junko, Mukuro, and Mondo weren't as enthusiastic, but being some of the more athletic members of their class, it wasn't exactly an issue for them, even with the beating sun on their backs, and for once, Toko seemed shy of complaints. Thanks to their Phantom Thief training and the runs the former regularly went on with Hina, Makoto and Toko were rather fit and healthy, and this casual jog was in stark contrast to the breakneck pace the Lucky Student was used to. With that in mind, he did have to keep reminding Hina to slow down before she ran a marathon on her own.

Sayaka was in a similar boat. She was very slender, fair, and petite, but it was evident that she was hiding a lot of core muscle underneath her skin. She frequently went on runs like this to retain her beautiful figure, and had mentioned before that her idol performances, where she was constantly bouncing up and down on stage, were a vicious workout routine by themselves.

No wonder her massages were so effective.

Junko was in a similar state as Sayaka, exercising to keep her figure and remain sexy for her pinups, and Mukuro was self-explanatory. This was probably a much-needed change of pace for her, considering how rigorous her soldier training would normally be. And you could take one look at Mondo, and it said all you needed to know. Although Makoto considered that his firm frame probably came from...less gratifying sources, such as street fights and high-speed bike chases.

Lagging behind a little were Kyoko, Byakuya, and Yasuhiro, all of whom were decently athletic but clearly weren't that interested in the plan as it was, choosing instead to keep their distance and not waste time being social or friendly.

And at the far back, falling behind everyone else, were the resident four stragglers. Leon, Chihiro, Celeste, and Hifumi.

Taka had always been pushing Hifumi to exercise, and now more than ever, it was very important, but getting someone who weighed 342 pounds and basically lived on a diet of crisps and sweets, spending most of their time at a desk writing illicit fan-manga, to get outside and work up a sweat wasn't very easy.