Chapter 6: Penitentiary of Megalomania

Interrogation Room - Persona 5

There were many murmurs in the hallway crowd, and several students were in the way, so it was a struggle for Junko and Mukuro to shuffle their way past them to get a closer look at the noticeboard.

Once she was close enough, Junko read the note aloud.

A message for Haiji Towa, a man enveloped in Lust.

We know the truth. Your dark intentions with the funding and construction of the Hope's Peak Elementary School are clear as day to us, though you try to hide them from those who you wish not to see it.

You wear the skin of a respectable businessman and force your distorted desires onto young children who cannot fight back. 

As such, we have decided to steal away that which distorts you and make you confess all of your sins. Watch out, because we are coming for you.

From

The Hope's Peak Phantom Thieves~

"Woah...!" Junko whistled as she finished reading. She shot Mukuro a look of astonishment, who shot her one right back...at least...as astonished as Mukuro Ikusaba could manage.

Other Ultimate Students from other classes, both the year above and below the 78th Class, started to gather around the noticeboard. Junko listened out as she heard their comments.

"D-Does th-this mean the rumors w-were true?" Mikan Tsumiki of Class 77 asked.

"Did Mr Towa do something wrong?" Mahiru Koizumi, from the same class, added, "could this be talking about what happened yesterday with the Elementary kids?"

"Wait a second!" Kaito Momota of Class 79 exclaimed, "does this mean someone's gonna take something from Mr Towa?"

"I wonder who drew this logo?" Kaede Akamatsu, the first-year that Makoto had met on the first day, picked up one of the cards and examined it.

"And who are these "Hope's Peak Phantom Thieves?"" Chihiro Fujisaki pondered.

The hustle and bustle continued, until all of a sudden, three figures approached from down the hallway. Everyone backed up as Kiyotaka Ishimaru walked through, with Headmaster Jin Kirigiri and Mr Haiji Towa himself, following behind him. All three of them looking very concerned.

"H-Here it is sir, just as I reported," Taka indicated to the board, "I have no idea who could be responsible for this."

"Wh-What the...!?" Towa broke out into a cold sweat, reading the words on the cards, and feeling his skin crawl, "who...Who did this!?"

He looked around at all the terrified students. He suddenly grabbed Kaito Momota by the scruff of his neck!

"Was it you!? HUH!?" he snapped, looking around like a deranged lunatic, "or was it YOU!?"

"Hey! Lemme go bro!" Kaito snapped, prying himself away!

"Mr Towa, calm down!" Jin exclaimed, "we will get to the bottom of this, just do not attack the students!"

Haiji suddenly spotted Junko and Mukuro. He tried to advance toward the former, but the Ultimate Soldier gave him an ice-cold glare and stood in his way. Haiji glared at the Fashionista.