Chapter 36: The Underbelly.

Take Over - Persona 5 Royal

"AGI!"

"EIGA!"

"EIGA!"

Makoto and Kaede simultaneously launched hefty attacks towards their enemy, the Shadow Self of one of their Mementos targets that had taken the form of a Unicorn with a very angry and savage expression. Unfortunately, despite laying everything they had into this punk, their attacks were simply bouncing off its body like a ball hitting the wall.

"Yeah, this rap game, I'm takin' charge! Invincible, I'm livin' large! Can't touch this, I'll leave you scarred! I'm the ruler, goin' hard, uh!" the Shadow rapped to the beat as it received the Phantom Thieves' attacks, not even flinching when they made direct contact with it, "Straight from the streets, I've paid my dues! Bitch, please, you ain't winnin' this duel! Brawl Battle? Rap Battle? I never lose! Stay on my grind, makin' my moves, yeah!"

"That didn't work either!?" Razor snapped, dismayed, "And is he still seriously rapping!?"

"This cretin is apparently famous for terrorizing quiet streets late at night with his loud music blaring in the night. He's received several noise complaints, but always relocates before the local police can catch him," Sleuth recalled, "he was reportedly known to be very obnoxious. Now I see what they meant..."

"Obnoxious is putting it lightly!" Mozart turned his way and scowled, "I'm gonna burn this stupid shadow to a crisp in a second!"

"How are you going to do that? He's resisting your fire attacks! In fact, he's resisting ALL our attacks!" Usami exclaimed.

"There's gotta be something we can do!" Leprechaun exclaimed, "If we find a way to shut down that barrier and make him drop his guard, we might be able to seize an opening to go all out."

"Good idea! But how do we do that?" Sleuth inquired.

"Well, don't get mad at me, but I might have an idea," Highwayman spoke up, "if a brawl battle won't work, why not try beating him in a rap battle? I know it sucks, but we might have to sink to his level for a bit!"

"That could very well work!" Usami considered, "Most likely the barrier around his body is being retained by his hubris and passion for rap as a form of art. If we "show him up" as we say, it might be enough to get him to drop his guard."