I had gone to find Carol, to see how she was doing. I was so nervous about Daryl and Maggie, i had to take my mind of things.

Carol was sitting on her bed, clearly feeling better now that she was back with the group rather than locked up in a storage closet. "hey.." i muttered, sitting down beside her. Carol looked up at me "i don't know if anyone told you, but Maggie and Glenn have been taken" i frowned. Carol placed her arm around my back "i know...Carl told me" . "Daryl, Rick, Oscar and a girl who told us about Maggie and Glenn have gone to find them" Carol placed her other arm around my torso, drawing me in for a hug "both of them will be okay" . I nodded in agreement, i knew they were both capable of handling themselves out there but it still replays in my head how danger is everywhere where you turn now. "how are you feeling by the way?" i asked, changing the conversation. Carol released from the hug "i'm okay" she smiled. Thank god. She's my best friend i couldn't let her go.

——

Hours had passed, Carol was finally out of bed and walking around. It was great to see especially now that we needed some good news after everything we have all been through. "do you want me to take over?" i asked Beth who was holding the baby. Carl had stood outside by the gates watching us pass responsibility to one another. "she got a name yet?" i asked Carl, the baby now grasped in my hands. Carl nodded, unfolding his arms "dad and i discussed about it, we both agreed on Judith, named after my old teacher" he smiled. It was so great finally being able to call the baby a name. "lil Judith ass kicker the second" i laughed, mixing Daryl's nickname in with it. Hershel cackled, laughing at the name. Beth and Carol began smiling from the laughter. "Axel and I are going to take watch just incase they come back" Carol spoke, standing from her position. "okay, be safe" i smiled at her. She just nodded and left with Axel.

A while passed and the sun was slowly setting. Beth and Carl were sitting on the stairs, Hershel and i were talking. "how's things with you and Daryl?" he asked. I smiled at the thought of him squirming under my touch, and him guiding me- god that was amazing. "good!" i smiled back at Hershel. "you miss him?" Hershel questioned, trying to sooth the baby in my arms. "yeah, i do. but i know he'll be okay" i responded, handing Judith to Hershel.

Hershel swayed her side to side finally managing to put her to sleep. "i told Daryl that she needed a comforter, he said he will find one" i looked at Judith who was in her make shift bed, I smiled at the 'lil ass kicker' sign that Daryl had written on it. "you two would be great parents one day, just hope i'm around to see it" . "Hershey...you are strong and you will live! Besides, i don't think Daryl has any interest of having a child of his own, neither of us do. We can't raise one in this world, he is just looking out for Judith" i smiled. Hershel just raised his eyebrows. "what?" i giggled. Hershel shook his head, leaving into the cell "we finally got Judith to sleep!" . "how are we with formula?" Carl asked. I stood from my position, following Hershel's lead. "we have enough to last us another month" Hershel responded to Carl's question.

Carl frowned, looking down at his hands "i'll take Carol for some more at the end of the week" . "your dad and the others would be back by then" Beth spoke up, looking down at Carl. Carl glanced up "you don't know that...right now, Judith is the only family i got" he looked back and forth between us. Blood curdling screams emerged from the hallway, alerting us of danger. "what was that?" Beth asked standing from her stance. "that's from inside-" Hershel spoke up. "was it Carol?" Carl questioned. "she's outside keeping watch in the guard tower with Axel" I responded. Panic overcome all of us, scared of what was happening, it could have been Carol- it could have been someone else- "what if they're in trouble?" Beth asked, looking up at me. "let's check the tower, see if they're there" Hershel announced, taking responsibility. "how could anyone get in?" Beth asked her father. "the tombs are full with walkers that came in from the outside, others could have done the same" Hershel responded.