A motor cruised down the road, i jumped up from my stance, begging the gods that it was Daryl and he was okay.

I saw Daryl!! My heart raced as he pulled the motor into a stop. Holy shit thank god he was okay.

Carol hopped off the bike and Daryl quickly followed.

Daryl's POV:
Y/N ran to me, jumping on me. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I lifted her up from the ground, hugging her back. "i thought i'd never see you again" she spoke, her voice quivering. Tears rolled down her cheek onto my shoulders. "are you okay?" i asked. Y/N nodded.

Miles had jumped up onto my side wanting to join in. I put Y/N down, her feet colliding on the surface. I curved my limbs, bending down to Miles, petting his soft fur. Y/N turned and hugged Carol. "Where's Andrea?" i asked noticing she wasn't with the group. Y/N shook her head.

"what are we going to do now?" Beth asked. Hershel hugged Maggie and Beth. Rick looked back at them "i don't know. We'll have to scope places out and stay wherever is safest for a night or two" he replied. Lori walked up to him "What happened out there- where's Shane?" Of course she would ask for him, i rolled my eyes. Rick took a deep breath. "We didn't find Randall. Instead he pointed a gun at me. I managed to get him on the ground, stabbing him with a knife" he paused. Lori pierced her eyes through his soul. "He turned...and Carl shot him" Lori looked back at Carl, her face demonstrated pure anger.

Y/N's POV:
I walked up to the group "guys- we need to discuss something" I spoke calmly. "you and Daryl are finally together?" T-dog remarked. oh for fuck sake. Not the time!! The group laughed, joining in with the joke. "no- we found Randall. He turned, what's weird about it is that he had no bite marks, no scratches or even wounds" . Rick turned away, his eyes shocked. "Shit-" he cursed under his breath. The whole group looked back at him, concerned. "Back at CDC, Jenner told me something...he said we are all infected. That once we die we become walkers. I didn't believe the nut job- not until now at least" he snarled.

"We should keep driving, get as far away from the heard as we can" Maggie quoted. "no, we should stay it's dangerous to drive in the dark, especially with Daryl on a motorbike" Lori stated. They both had valid points. It wasn't safe to sleep out here, especially with the herd not too far away, and Lori was right, Daryl driving a motorbike is so dangerous. "We could load Daryl's bike onto the truck, we could all fit together in a few cars" Hershel prompted.

Rick nodded and that's what we did. It took a few attempts to load Daryl's bike onto the truck, considering we had no ramp.

Daryl, Miles and I loaded in the truck with the motorbike on the back. Leaving the rest to huddle in the other cars.

——

We had started driving, cruising down the solemnly roads. Miles curled by the door, i had locked the door so nothing happens to him considering he was on the outside passenger seat. I sat in the middle with Daryl driving.

Daryl had his hand on his thigh. I reached out, grasping it. We interlocked fingers, it was so nice holding his hand, especially after thinking i'd lost him. "i really thought i'd lost you earlier" i mumbled looking up at him. Daryl looked away from the road, squeezing my hand and smiling. "so, we aren't leaving the group?" he turned back to the road, the lights barely even illuminating the road. I nestled my hand on my head "i can't...not now i know that they aren't safe...and have no shelter" i mumbled. Daryl turned back to me "that's okay- it's understandable" . "DARYL LOOK OUT!" i yelled pointing to the group having stopped the car. He slammed on the breaks, releasing his grip on my hand and holding his arm out protecting me from moving forward and crashing. My heart raced. Miles slide across the chair almost falling on the floor.