Once again the sun had risen and was shining down on the farm. The beaming glow hit through the trees creating small rays of light.

"yeh?" Daryl answered from the other side of the door. "it's me, i got you food" i mumbled, opening the door slightly. The creaking broke the silence. The soup balancing in the bowl, sloshed side to side as i made my way to Daryl, closing the door behind me. Daryl struggled to prompt himself up against the bed frame, wincing at the pain that struck within him "need help?" i asked setting down the bowl on the side. Daryl didn't say anything but i knew he needed help. I moved round to the side where he wasn't wounded. I placed my hands around his back, he flinched as our skin collided and his body tensed up. Daryl hesitantly swung his arm around my neck hoisting himself up slowly. I placed my arm on his shoulder "what are you doing?" he asked, staring in shock. "putting pillows behind your back" Gently, i moved his torso forward, putting the soft comfy cushions behind him. "What yeh gunna feed me that soup to?" he said bluntly. I knew he could do it himself but i decided to have a little fun with it "only if you want me to" i said smirking. Darl scoffed facing away from me "fuck of" he uttered.

I don't know if he ever meant it, but i never decided to take offence to it, instead i just laughed to myself. Daryl reached for the bowl but soon stopped as the pain had become unbearable. I smiled and picked up the bowl, sitting down on the bed beside him. This gained his attention, his eyes stared into mine, mortified. "what the fuck are you doing?" he asked. i nestled the bowl between my crossed legs. I grasped the spoon in my hand, the soup trickling out of it. "feeding you" . Daryl turned his head away from me, refusing any help like he always did. "oh for fuck sake, just eat it" i said rolling my eyes. Daryl turned his head back to me, his eyes gazing into mine. "fine..." . I motioned the spoon towards his mouth, my hand nestled under to catch any droplets. His lips gripped on the spoon making slurping noises "how's your wounds by the way?" i asked clearing the silence and placing the spoon back in the bowl. Daryl nodded "im going out to look for Sophia later" he motioned towards the door. "like hell you are!" i snapped. Daryl turned his head towards me staring through my soul "you couldn't reach your bowl, i am literally feeding you! You are NOT going out there" . "i HAVE to find that little girl" he yelled not wanting to give up. I hoisted the spoon up to his mouth once again. "i can feed myself!" he hissed. Grabbing the spoon from my hand. "Well, i'll make you a deal, you draw out where you found that little girls doll and i will search everywhere around there" . "yer don't even know how to track!" he placed the spoon back in the bowl "no but i know these forests" . Daryl looked up at me as i handed him the bowl of soup, standing from my position. "Fine" he huffed.

I exited the room, Maggie stared at me, smirking. I ignored her theatrics heading to the kitchen. I opened the old glossy drawer taking out a spare map and pen.

I had entered Daryl's room once again, him sipping on the soup. "okay, whereabouts?" i asked unfolding the crinkled map. "im going with you" he grumbled placing the empty bowl beside him. I just looked up at him, unbelievable. Why couldn't he accept that i want to help? "i'm not letting you go off alone. Besides, i can track" he said shifting in his space. My stomach twirled and my heart dropped- did he care for me? I knew there was no convincing him out of it, his eyes said it all. "okay fine" i responded.

Daryl slowly got up from the bed, clutching his wound. Miles jumped off the bed, not leaving his side. His torso was completely uncovered "i washed your shirt, i left it in the bedside table" i pointed to the drawer. Daryl turned away opening the drawer. Knowing his insecurity, i turned my back to him, giving Daryl the privacy he needed.

Daryl's POV:
I turned around, placing my shirt over my arm. "do you need help?" she called out. "nahh" i spoke, lapping the other side of my shirt on my arm. "you can look now..." i hesitated. Y/N turned towards me once again, picking up the crossbow she had placed down by the wall. She held out her smooth hands, the crossbow latched between her fingers, i reached out grasping the lethal weapon.