A/N: ⚠️TW!! mention of self harm.⚠️
If you are struggling with self harm yourself, or have just gotten out of it (well done! im proud of you! *), please do not read this chapter as it may have some effect on you!

* If you are currently struggling with self harm and suicide, please seek help immediately, please talk to someone whether it's your family, friend etc. Try your best to talk to someone <3

Best of luck to all of you out there!

———————————————————————————

Daryl and I sat on the tree for what felt like ages. I felt my eyes become increasingly heavy. I began to yawn and Daryl gazed at me "You should get some sleep" Daryl murmured.

Daryl's POV:
I looked down on the crashed out girl, her eyes droopy. She just mumbled. It was adorable. "come on, let's go" . "no...too comfy" she uttered, her head flopped on my shoulder. Heat rose to my cheeks. "I'll carry you if i have to" i joked, i jumped down from the tree, Y/N groaned from the sudden movement. "...fine" she muttered. Y/N slumped her way down the tree, honestly it was quite funny.

Y/N's POV:
I felt my whole body being swooped out from underneath me. I was in Daryl's arms. "what are you doing?" i said sleepily. "carrying you" . i just groaned as i dug my face into his chest.

Daryl's POV:
She moved her small arm around my waist, shock pulsed through my body.

I moved my way towards the house, Miles got up from the soggy floor where he previously laid and followed us. It was quite late now as everyone had fallen asleep. I quietly made my way to her bedroom and gently laid her on her soft bed, her head nestled on the pillows. I straightened my back and turned to leave.

I felt a small grasp on my arm turning back to her "stay?" she mumbled. Her touch was cold as her fingertips were frozen. "I can't...what about your family?" i asked. "thought you didn't care about what they think" she smiled, her teeth shimmered in the moonlight. She was right, i didn't care what they think. I cared if she cared what they thought, I didn't want her to feel embarrassed. "i don't" i muttered under my breath. Y/N smiled and lifted her blanket up for me to slide under.

I hesitantly laid beside her as she flopped the blanket over me. "do you have enough blanket?" she questioned. Miles hopped up on the bed lying in between our feet. i grumbled as my heart began to speed up. "goodnight Daryl" she mumbled. "night Y/N" i conjured up the words.

——

Carol's POV:
I wondered in the house, it was peaceful as only a few people were here. Poor Beth, i felt so sorry for this family. "Is there anything i can do to help?" i offered. Patricia didn't turn to me but kept scavenging through the medical supplies, she needed to keep Beth's vitamins up considering she couldn't do it herself. "can you find Y/N please? She's suppose to help out here today" she said through reading the labels.

I nodded and left, heading for the guest bedroom, my heels chinking against the glossy flooring. i knocked on the door but there was no answer, slowly opening it to reveal Daryl spooning Y/N? there was a gap in between them-

My heart flipped as adrenaline struck through my body OMG, OMG, OMG. please let them be together now! enough with the flirting.

I couldn't be the one to wake them, imagine how awkward that would have been?! I left slowly closing the door and heading back to Patricia. "She's not here, can i take over till she comes back?" i asked.

Y/N's POV:
The sun hit my eyes, my pupils adjusting as i looked out the window. My cheeks stung as the cold air hit my face, jesus christ it was a cold day.

I felt weight lay over my waist. I looked down at the anonymous mass. Daryl's arm was slung over me as he snored softly. Butterflies curdled in my stomach.
I turned my body around, trying not to wake Daryl. His body gave off so much warmth, it was unreal. I scooted over towards him, drawn to the heat. I didn't want to leave the swaddled bed into the dreaded coldness...not yet. I entangled my hand with his, i can't describe how this man gave off so much heat. I closed my eyes, hoping to get a few minutes more of peace.