It was the next day, the sun beamed in my face once again. Although this time i wasn't in the guest bedroom, the little boy Carl was in there. I had slept on the couch, Miles slept by the fireplace. "Morning sleepy head" Maggie laughed. I groaned not wanting to get up. "I need to help daddy with Carl today, are you ok to offer the guests food?" she asked as i sat up rubbing my eyes. "yeah of course" i smiled.

I got up from the chair, Miles quick to get up too, i felt bad for him but i couldn't risk him jumping up at people, especially not Daryl. "No you have to stay" i said kissing his head. I went into the pantry grabbing cans of food. I put the tinned cans in a bag and made my way across the field. Their camp was quiet, as everyone was still asleep. The fire had burnt out only leaving ashes on the ground. I knocked on the RV, Dale had opened the door, rubbing his eyes. "hey, i brought food i didn't know if you guys had anything" i said, pulling out a can of beans from my bag. "Thank you" Dale smiled. I peered into the RV not seeing anyone but Carol. "Is Daryl here? i wanted to apologise for yesterday" i questioned. I saw Carol on the chair shaking her head "he went out to look for Sophia again" ...i was confused at first, but then assumed it was Carol's daughter considering she never said her name. I simply nodded and passed the bag of food over to them. I began to look around at the rest of the tents, the silence was so eery as no one wanted to get up yet. "Early riser huh?" i asked smiling. Dale nodded. "Can you share it with the others when they wake up please" i begged. Carol laughed to herself "of course we will" she smiled. I began to turn away when i heard Carol call out again "no dog?" she asked. I looked towards the old wooden house "i thought it might be best if he didn't come if Daryl was here" i laughed turning back to the RV.

——

A while later, majority of the new group got up and Rick, Lori, Shane and Hershel were discussing Carl's health.

"His health is deteriorating fast. Without the proper medication, it's possible he could not make it!" Hershel explained. Lori sobbed in her hands tugging on Ricks arm "we can't let him die please Rick i-" she cried. Rick turned, wrapping his arms around her shoulders "it will be ok, i promise" he comforted.

Shane had perked up explaining that he was going to go on a run and look for medical supplies for Carl. With guilt overbearing his thoughts, Otis determined to help Shane on the mission. "Be safe" i mumbled hugging Otis.

Otis nodded and said his goodbyes to others.

—————————————————————————

Time had passed once again and Daryl had returned to the group. "Anything?" Carol questioned. Daryl shook his head in response and turned away. Carol began to sob, her eyes looked puffy and red, she had been crying before, Andrea walked over to her and began to comfort her.

Remembering i hadn't apologised to Daryl, i ran after him. "Daryl right?" i asked. The man didn't stop in his tracks at all, his crossbow dangled in his arms. "what's it to you?" he grumbled. I began to jog to catch up to him. "I just wanted to say i'm sorry about Miles" . Daryl looked at me dead in the eyes "where's the little mutt now" he huffed, walking away. "In the house, i am so sorry. Did he hurt you?" i questioned, trying to catch up to him again. "Why do you care?" he asked turning his head to me, i paused in my tracks intimidated by his glare. "The world has gone to shit, kindness is something not many people have to offer anymore" i explained. "Look i really am sorry about Miles" . "you said" he murmured as he stomped away.

I left Daryl to his thoughts and headed back to Carol, she was still crying her heart out. "Carol, can you come with me please" I asked. Andrea looked up at me and i smiled back. Carol nodded getting up from the stump she sat on.

We made our way into the house, Miles greeted me and Carol as we entered. I grabbed some pens, paper, a lighter and a small jar. "i used to do this when i was little, not for the dead, but for anyone or anything that i felt distant with" i started. I sat down at the dining room table and Carol followed. The silence was eery. "When you feel lost, to a person or anyone or anything. You write what you feel on a piece of paper, so..." i glided my hand over the table and gave her a piece of paper "write exactly what you feel" . Carol looked at me with concern, but did what i said anyway.