Y/N's POV:
I woke up to Daryl's arms around my waist and his head buried in my chest. God he was so cute. I turned to Miles who was now wagging his tail, happy to see me. "morning bud" i stroked his fur. Miles yawned. I feel the same.

I planted a small kiss on Daryl's forehead...i definitely love him. Daryl slightly woke up, shit did he realise? "morning sleepy head" i smiled, pushing past my thoughts. Daryl grumbled, wanting more sleep. "noo..." he murmured pulling me closer. I giggled at his gesture, hugging him tight. "what time do you recon it is?" i asked him. "by the sound of the group being so noisy i would say around early morning/midday" he responded. Miles began whimpering. "hang on a minute" i smiled getting up from my stance and opening the zipper half way. Miles had gone out to do his business and i laid back down into Daryl's grasp.

Daryl's POV:
this girl made me feel things...things that i have never felt before about anyone. I was always nervous about hugging or holding hands with her, i don't think i have done that with anyone.

I wanted to pull her in closer, hug her for days...but i didn't know what she would think. She probably thinks we are just friends...i would feel so embarrassed if i made a move and she didn't like it or- at least we are hugging i guess.

Y/N slowly slid her hand up my chest, reaching my collarbones, a tingling sensation built in my stomach. I gathered the confidence to hold her hand, she looked up at me and smiled.

Y/N's POV:
Daryl and I heard walking up to our tent, shit! "Daryl...we are about to-" Rick paused. Daryl and I sat still, our hands resting beside us. Both of us were in shock- fuck what are we gunna go. "oh- Y/N-" he smiled peering through the tent. "well this makes it easier, i was gunna come talk to you after i spoke to Daryl. We are about to bury Dale if you want to join us" Rick looked at our arms still interlocked. "unless you two are busy" he smirked. Daryl nodded "we'll be there" i murmured. Rick turned away, walking to the group. Daryl got up and ran after him. Ah shit.

Daryl's POV:
i caught up with Rick, he turned to me smiling. "so...you and Y/N huh?" he smiled. Fuck. "can yeh not tell anyone, please. We aren't together but-" i stumbled over my words. "you want to be. and i won't ruin that. Your secrets safe with me" he smiled. Relief sunk deep, thank god.

Though his words hit me like a bulldozer 'you want to be' jeezus he was right. I love this girl.

I returned back to my tent. Y/N was stood outside, placing her hair in a messy bun. Oh my god it was cute. She had changed her clothing into another tank top and black pants.

"everything okay?" she asked as i got closer. I nodded. But EVERYTHING WAS NOT OKAY. Rick's words repeated drastically in my head. I did, i did want to be with this girl. But i have never done this before. I don't want to open up about my feelings and have them crumbled into smithereens from rejection. "we better get going" she pointed to a crowd of people getting ready to burry Dale. I nodded and started to walk down there, Y/N and Miles followed me.

——

Y/N's POV:
We had crowded round the small grave that Rick and Shane dug out for Dale's body. Everyone was crying, Carol and Andrea were sobbing the most and comforting each other, whilst the rest had cried quietly. Lori comforted Carl and Rick had his arm wrapped around his wife. Maggie and Glenn were holding hands and the rest were just spotted around the area. Hershel had read a few words from the bible.

I looked up at Daryl who had not a single tear in his eyes, he clearly preferred to cried alone than in front of people. I took his hand into my own hiding it behind my back so no one would see. Daryl looked down upon me giving me a 'it will be okay' smile. Tears grew in my eyes as it had just sunk in what had happened.