Anbu's Unexpected Assignment |14

ANBU

I was soon called into Shankar & VK's office to discuss something important with them. I made my way up the stairs into their office space. I placed a firm knock on the door and I could hear the call out "Come in."

I pushed open the door as I let myself in and they told me to take a seat with them.

"So Anbu," Shankar begins as he captures my attention prompting me to bring up the topic that I wanted to discuss with them.

"Sir, there's a local MLA that says that he wants to meet Rolex sir-"

Shankar just hums in response as VK says, "Is that so?"

I simply nod in response. "He's actually threatening us that if he doesn't see Rolex sir, that he'll use his powers and get higher officials involved."

VK & Shankar let out a simultaneous scoff as Shanka says, "Him wanting to meet Rolex with this kind of attitude will only result in his death."

VK just faces towards me as he gives me a gentle smile. "Thank you for informing us, Anbu. We'll inform Rolex."

I just give them a curt nod, "Is that all?"

"Actually I wanted to ask you something," Shankar says.

"Yes sir," I say.

"Aria beat your men up.. How did that happen?" VK asks.

I could feel my cheeks heat slightly as I recalled the incident, truth be told all of us were a little embarrassed by the whole situation. "Well sir, we sent off our men to kidnap the girl but they brought in the wrong girl-"

"Clearly," VK points out in a "duh" tone.

"And well obviously Aria didn't recognise us at first and so she fought back and beat up most of our men …She threatened us by bringing up her brother and then we all connected the dots.."

"Ah I see," VK says.

"Well that explains that.. Thank You for telling us.. Well now you know, our girl gives a solid hook doesn't she."

"She does sir.. We wouldn't dare piss her off.." I say.

They just laugh in response as VK says, "We raised her well."

Lots of questions flooded my mind. Until recently, I didn't even know that the empire existed beyond Sandhanam and now I got to know that there were 3 leaders. 2 of whom I had met. I was beyond curious. Who were they really? What is their story? We only knew very brief details that Shankar & VK had shared with us but we were all filled with burning questions. Who really is Rolex?

ARADHYA

After my call with Rishi I made my way to my uncle's office to finish our conversation at the dining table. As I entered, I saw Anbu and my uncles deep in conversation.

I raised my brows as I sat down, "What's going on?"

"Nothing ma," Shankar mama says. "Anbu was just telling us about why you beat up their men."