The Aftermath|11

ARADHYA

I was finally free from that nightmare. I was beyond confused as to what had happened but I was quick on my feet, after all my brothers had taught me well.

I knew that there was something familiar about these guys. I was just glad that nothing had happened and was making my way to the car.

I instructed the driver to pretend none of this had happened and that we wouldn't mention this to Chinna Anna. The last thing I needed was a killing spree from Rudra. Dhruv wouldn't be happy and I have barely been in India for an hour and things had already gone downhill.

Was this a curse? The last time I was here, I was attacked and now this.

We were driving down the long windy roads as we made our way home.

My mind wandered on all that has happened from Vikram and gang to my attacker to the recent attack.

Everything was just chaotic and I could only hope that everything settled down.

I had finally met some of our men and it was nice getting back to business and at least I left a lasting impression. They seemed like good men who wanted to do good work. Hopefully they don't find themselves in sticky situations and hopefully they're not that hurt.

We finally arrived at our house and I could feel the adrenaline rush through me. I had missed this place.

My driver opened the door and I rushed out stepping up the stairs to see everyone standing there waiting for me.

"Hi!" I squeal as I waddle off to everyone, engulfing them in a hug.

"Hi ma," they say as they hug me back. It was a big warm hug and it made my day.

"Was your flight ok? Was the food ok? Are you tired?" Rudra asks quickly. "Why were you late? I tried calling you," he says worriedly. "Do I need to kill someone?" he asks as his voice drops an octave. It was truly crazy how fast his mood changes.

"Aval ippo dhaane inga vanthe… Relax Rudra," Shankar uncle says.

(She just came here…)

"Yeah na, the flight was fine," I say with a smile. "And I was tired so I was napping in the car so I missed your call. There was traffic, that's why we were late," I explained with a sincere smile. I knew I was lying but in this world white lies were common and it was for all of our benefit.

Thankfully no one suspected anything and they just smiled as they walked me into the house.

It was time for business.

WAREHOUSE

ANBU

Once Aria had left we all let out a big sigh of relief, we were beyond shaken up and we only prayed that Rolex would never find out about this.

"We should get everyone to a hospital," I suggested as I scanned the room to see so many collapsed bodies.

"Yeah, give me a hand, the hospital is nearby," Sandhanam says. We all nodded and we all helped everyone into our car as we drove to the hospital. Our men were examined by the doctor who just said, "They'll be fine but they will need at least 1 week of bed rest."