The Hostage |9

LATER

ANBU

I was currently in a meeting with Sandhanam and all of our men.

We had just received a tip that there was a woman who could be a threat to us and it needed handling. She was going to be at Chennai airport tomorrow and we needed to get a hold of her.

"This is her description, I need you guys to go to the airport and get her," Sandhanam explains as he shoves an envelope onto the table. Sandhanam's men take the envelope and start to read its contents frazzled.

"Anna oru photo irandha kuda, easy ah irukum," Sreenu, one of Sandhanam's men, says.

(If you have photo of this girl, give it to us it will be easier that way)

"Photo illa, idhu mattum dha iruku so careful ah handle pannanum," Sandhanam says. He quickly directs his men and gives them instructions for tomorrow. He then faces me and begins to instruct me. "I need you and your men here tomorrow, we have some stuff to do."

(There isn't a photo, there's only this, so handle carefully)

I just nod. Tomorrow was a big day, Rolex's sister was coming and we were all eager to meet her. What was she going to be like? Would she be scary like Rolex? So many questions ran through my mind. I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to know.

MEANWHILE

VK

Shankar and I entered the house after a long day of work. It was tiring working for this empire but it was all worth it. We were doing this for our family and family was everything for us even if we weren't related by blood.

Shankar and I were excited for the arrival of Aru Pappa, she was the youngest amongst all the kids but we all definitely held a soft spot for her.

Like Rolex, we didn't get to spend a lot of time with her unlike Raghu & Murthy so we were excited to have her back.

I called Jaggu & Jimmy to our office where we told them that Aru was coming over and that they had to get everything sorted out for tomorrow.

They too, shared a gleeful expression and a look of relief from hearing this. They left for the kitchen to start prep work and we sat at the small dining table which was right next to the kitchen so it meant that we could hear our workers.

“Aru Pappa is coming, nalla velai.." Jaggu begins. "She is the only one that can save us from Rolex."

( good thing)

"Having her around is enough to stop half the blood shed," Jimmy says. "She's the only one that can tame Rolex."

Their talks made us chuckle as we continued to work.

ANBU

I came into the kitchen to get some water when I heard the workers talking.

"She's the only one that can tame, Rolex."

"Who can?" I ask curiously. Jimmy turns around and looks at me as he replies, "Aru Pappa."