The Wrath Of Rolex |8

THE NEXT DAY

RUDRA

Anbu and I decided to meet another gang leader, GL. He was part of our syndicate for a while and I had worked with him before and I had to introduce him to Anbu too.

We finally arrived at one of my factories where GL worked. I entered the factory with Anbu who was taking in the environment as he followed me.

The factory smelled of burnt cigars and metal which practically burned my nostrils. Everyone had stopped their work and was staring at me and Anbu but I didn't bother to give them any attention as I made my way to GL's office.

I pushed the door open to see GL sat on the chair, his legs raised on to the table as he slouched on his chair.

He spotted me walk through and gave me a curt nod. "Rolex bhai!"

I don't fail to flinch at his lack of manners but I let it slide because I had known him for a long time.

I gave him a curt nod back before I took a seat followed by Anbu.

"This is Anbu, he's been recently promoted, I thought it was a good idea to show him around," I say.

GL takes off his sunglasses as he inspects Anbu for a brief moment which causes Anbu to shift around uncomfortably. GL smirked, revealing his rotten yellow teeth stained by his cigars. "He looks like a kid."

"He's proven himself worthy," I say sternly.

GL just scoffs. "He's the kid involved in the Trichy bust, right? He cost you so much Rolex. It's best if you demote him. Besides, you have got me."

"I know what I am doing and Anbu is staying,” I declare. I was growing more and more angrier. GL was getting too comfortable.

"You're making a mistake, Rolex, how can you trust him? He's been working with you for just a while unlike me. It took me years working under you to get this place and he gets it in-"

"That's enough," I say as I slam my hands on the table.

"Relax, Rolex, no need to pop a vein," GL says through a chuckle.

I roll my eyes as I just slump back to the table. "Anyways, I wanted to know how the drugs were coming along."

"Good, we have exceeded targets," GL says.

"Great, I need you to coordinate with Anbu-"

"No can do, partner," GL objects.

Was he being serious right now? "I wasn't asking, GL, it's an order."

"Rolex, you should know that I don't do business with petty small-time kids," GL says through a yawn.

"I hope you remember you were one of those kids, I took you under my wing," I remind him through gritted teeth.

"I know and I'm grateful but let's be real, he's no good for us, he has a long way to go. You're making a mistake-"

"That's enough," I yell, as I slam my hand down which also frightened Anbu and GL. "I have been patient with you for all this time just because you're one of my closest men, I'm going easy on you. I'm your boss, remember that. If I say you work with Anbu, you do that."