The New Guests |6

THE NEXT DAY

ANBU

I arrived back in Chennai and visited Sandhanam as per his request and filled him in on everything that had happened along with his men.

"Hmm... Yeah Rolex is like that, just be careful around him. He takes this very seriously. I'm more surprised he hasn't killed any of us yet," Sandhanam says.

"Yeah he's terrifying from up close," I add as I recall the incidents from yesterday.

We continued to converse when two middle aged men entered the room.

I immediately recognised them, they were the men that had accompanied Rolex.

What were they doing here.. And who were they?

I saw Sandhanam's body go rigid as he just stared at them.

The two men halted by the bed and handed a bouquet which read 'Get well soon.'

"How are you feeling, Sandhanam," The taller man asked. He was tall, muscular and had a thick salt n pepper beard.

"I am good Shankar, what brings you and VK here?" Sandhanam asks.

"We just came to see how you are doing," the other man, VK answered.

"I'm doing good, just on bed rest," Sandhanam says.

"Hmm," Shankar says and his gaze shifts to me and my men. "You're the Trichy gang, aren't you?"

I just nod afraid I would say something out of line.

"You were the one that Rolex told off, don't mind him, he can be a hot head," VK says.

I simply nod, unsure of what to say.

"Well we just came to check on you, Rolex will be staying here for the meantime so we came to tell you that you'll be shifting to live with us," Shankar explains.

This shocked everyone as we all quickly looked at one another in confusion.
"Illa Shankar athu ellam mudiyathu, I have a big family, 23 siblings, Athu ellam set Agatha," Sandhanam objects politely.

(I can't do that , Shankar, I have a big family of 23 siblings so it just won't work out.)

"That's not a problem, we have space," VK explains.

"I don't think you understand how many people you're housing. I have 23 siblings each with their respective family. Enakku 3 wives eh iruku," Sandhanam says.

(I have 3 wives myself.)

This causes VK & Shankar to stop and stare at Sandhanam as they raise their brows.

"Unakku 3 wives ah? Eppadi da?" VK asks.

(You have 3 wives? How?)

"En naalu oru pondatti kuda handle mudilla nee Vera 3 wives ah?" Shankar says.

(I can't even handle one wife and here you are with 3)