The Rise Of Anbu |7

FEW DAYS LATER

RUDRA

I finally managed to squeeze some time to finally meet Sandhanam who was finally done with his bed rest and could join the rest of us.

"Hello," I say casually.

Sandhanam mostly avoided eye contact with me as I mumbled a "Hello sir," back to me.

"Feeling better?" I ask politely.

"Yes, sir," he answers sincerely. I knew he was having trouble figuring out what my intentions were.

"Good because it would have been a shame if one of my most trusted men died after making me lose a good chunk of my stash," I say with a stern voice. Sandhanam's face dropped as sweat beads coated his forehead and slowly dripped down as he gulped down his saliva.

"Relax, I'm just messing with you, I am not going to hurt you," I say with a laugh.

Man it's so easy to wind up my men. "You have caused great losses to me but I'm going to refrain from killing you because you'll be useful."

"I won't disappoint you again, sir," Sandhanam says.

"Good because next time I will really set your family on fire myself."

Sandhanam just nodded as I finally left to go to my office. I was sitting there going through the files and noticed that our business was taking off again and my uncles had mentioned the work done by Anbu who contributed massively to our business.

I did some background research on him and kept a close eye on him and he lived up to his praise.

He has helped us to recover a lot of money we had lost and we were making steady profits again.

I called him up to my office to have a word with him.

Despite a rough start, of him disrespecting me, he has learned and has been making tremendous effort.

I heard a faint knock and I yelled out, "Come in."

The large mahogany door swung open and Anbu slowly treaded in. He was cowering down like a mouse as he approached me.

"Take a seat," I prompt gently.

He just shook his head as he maintained a good level of distance. "No, it's OK sir."

"No, I insist," I say.

He just nods as he sits in front of me.

"Is there something I can help you with, sir?" he asks after a moment.

"I'm good," I begin. "I had taken notice of your work over the last few days and you're doing a good job. Shankar uncle & VK uncle have also mentioned good things about you. You've brought up our profits again and you adhere to our systems and rules, I'm impressed. Despite the rough start-"

He flinched slightly when I brought up our first encounter which made me chuckle internally.

"You have made progress," I continue. “So I think it's time I let you know that you're promoted. Obviously with all that has been going on this was inevitable but you've also proved yourself worthy. So you and your gang will be promoted so you'll be entering within my circle and entering the darkest parts of our empire. You're gonna meet people that are in my inner circle and work along with me so I expect nothing but the best."