37

disclaimers: I don't own ggbb and i don't understand what it is in mothers that make them incapable of loving their daughters

amaris could hear the whispers, she wasn't stupid, she knew what all the stares and hushed whispers meant. it meant everyone in that restaurant knew what elliot did to her. even the waiter knew, she could tell by the sympathetic look in his eyes, but she didn't want his sympathy. she didn't want anyones sympathy, what she wanted was to be able to have a valentines day date with her boyfriend without everyone's stupid sympathetic looks and whispers. she wanted to be left alone, to be able to be seen for more than just a student who was touched by her teacher. she wanted everyone to mind their own damn business.
ravi knew amaris better than pretty much anyone, so he knew why her leg was bouncing relentlessly under the table and why she was fidgeting with her necklace. he knew the looks were bothering her because the look were bothering him.
"hey," he calls out softly gainibg her attention, "we can go if you want, it's not a big deal."
"no we just got our food it fines." she says sending him a reassuring smile that didn't reach her eyes.
"maris," he reaches out and grabs her hand gently, "we can get our food to go and eat it somewhere else, away from everyone."
"you wouldn't mind?" she asks after a moment of contemplation.
"of course not moon." ravi says, his eyes soft and full of care.

---

"wall-e is the best romance movie, ravi." amaris says looking at him as he threw their empty to-go boxes away.
"is a kids movie, mari." ravi says slowly as if trying to get her to understand.
her face scrunches, "okay one, ew don't call me that. two, just because it's a kids movie doesn't mean it doesn't have deeper meanings." 
"it's not a romance movie, though, maris." he over enunciates his nickname for her and she smiles.
"wall-e and eve, wall-e and eve, the are the goal for all couples." amaris says her hands on his shoulders shaking him.
"why are you shaking me, moon?"
"he followed her to a fucking spaceship, ravi, away from his home and his whole life purpose!" she ignores his question.
"your very passionate about this." he mumbles moving his hands to her hips and bringing her closer so she would stop shaking him.
"yes! I love wall-e and you aren't letting me watch it."
"woah, wait, i never said we weren't watching it, if you want to watch it were watching it. I'm just saying it's not a romance movie." ravis thumbs draw circles on her skin just above her waistline.
"so we're watching it?"
"if you wanted to, moon, id watch a dog eat it's own shit."
"ew, ravi, ew. why would you say that?"
ravi rolls his eyes, "you get what im trying to say. now let's go watch the movie."
amaris nods, but makes no move to go to the living room, instead she tugs him by his collar and connects their lips, her hand moving to his hair and grabbing it. his fingers grip her waist tightly as his tongue roams her mouth expertly. they were panting when they pulled apart but ravi didn't waste a second before connecting their lips again.
"God I can't get enough of you." he mumbles against her lips and she was sure that if he wasn't holding her she wouldve melted the the wicked witch of the west. her eyes were closed so she couldn't she the complete love they held for her. he had planned to tell her at dinner-- that's the real reason why he was nervous hours prio-- but chickened out on it. because what if she didn't feel the same?
that was a stupid question because she did feel the same. maybe she didn't quite know it yet, but she knew that if she lost him she wouldn't be able to live, and she knew that he was her favorite safe place and the only person who could make her laugh when she felt like sobbing. so somewhere deep down she knew she loved him but her own doubts and insecurities covered that knowledge. because what if lauren was right and ravi wouldn't love her because she was tainted? what if ravi was only with her because he pitied her?
but everything in her wanted to to tell him those three small words that would mean the world to him. she wouldn't though, because she had the same thought lauren did when she first told him about elliot, and if two people thought that then it had to be true- spoiler alert it wasn't, and acrually if lauren wasn't a girl and ravi found out what she had said to amaris he would actually beat the shut out of her.
"i"--love you-- "didn't know you liked me that much, sun." amaris teases as she mental curses herself for not saying what she really wanted to.
"it my job as the sun and your boyfriend to"--- love you--" like you that much, moon." he mumbles while noticing the few freckles that were splattered across her face.
"can we watch wall-e now?" she asks as she opens her eyes to pear into his, their forheads heads were resting against ecahother and their breaths mixed together.
"sure." ravi chuckles, pulling away walking towards the living room amaris following directly behind him.
as ravi began to put on wall-e amaris grabbed her favorite throw blanket of his and moved to sit between his legs and lean against his chest, his arms immeiditly pulling her closer to him.
ravi did not pay attention to the movie instead he watched as amaris's smile widened anytime wall-e and eve  had a moment, or how she frowned and flipped off the screen whenever auto-pilot was in a scene. he thought it was cute how pationate she was about this movie.
"ravi." she groans, "your not even watching."
"yes I am." he lies.
"you can't say your watching the movie if your fucking staring at me. which is kinda creepy might I add."
ravi shrugs, "oh well."
"if your bored of the movie we can change it, ravi."
"I'm perfectly content on admiring you while you watch the movie." he whispers and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.
she blushes and smiles be fore snuggling into him. her ear pressed against his chest to hear his heart thumping rythmiticaly in a way that brought her comfort.
ravi ran his hand through her hair before focussing on trying to braid a piece of her hair. "why do you love this movie so much?"
"I don't know. I guess I always wanted someone to care about me the way wall-e care about eve."

"hmm, well you have it now, because im here and I lo- care about you more than anything in this universe."

a/n
I want them to say I love you so bad but they can't, not yet.