Vol 3.3 - The Trost Crisis

Start from the beginning

[Will be done!]

[We wish you good luck, sir!]

[Do you need any backup?]

If they attempted to backstab me, I could handle it.

"No, I just need you all to keep the Titans away from the civilians long enough for me to cut their napes—but you are free to engage whenever you'd like. I trust you all."

Another canister of tear gas was fired into the crowd. They cowered back in fear as the irritating gas entered their lungs and touched their skin, causing them to cry out in pain and agony.

I brandished my ODM gear's weapons and jumped down into the hell below.

I've killed a total of 14 Titans throughout my time—but that was 5 years ago. Have I gotten rusty?

||𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: 𝐖𝐀𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒||

In a rather picturesque corner of the Walls, one unaffected by the riots and suffering going on within the outer districts, two acquaintances were playing a game of chess.

It was a large estate, with vast walls, lush gardens, and fields of flowers. It was a place where anyone would love to spend the rest of their days, fattening up and wasting away.

"Haha! Look, it's my victory once again!"

In a single move, checkmate was achieved by the plump voice.

"Even though we've been regularly playing once a month, you still haven't improved a bit, Pixis," A regional lord named Wald jokingly mocked.

An older man in his early to mid-60s placed a hand on his bald head, feeling no offence at all. "Oh my, I'm still no match for you, Lord Wald."

From his wine glass, Wald chuckled before grabbing a bunch of snacks, high-quality cookies, from a tray next to him. "Hahaha! Are you, not the chief executive who governs the entirety of the southern territory? How do you plan on winning against the Titans with such skill and intellect—"

CRASH!

Suddenly, the door burst with a powerful kick, revealing two cloaked men. An odd-looking mask covered their faces.

"Excuse me, gentlemen."

"W-whaa—"

Lord Wald's face paled in recognition. He froze in his chair, unable to do anything, let alone speak. Were they here to assassinate him like some of his other noble friends?

Assassinations were becoming common, whether they be targeting loyalists to the crown or nobles. Anyone associated with the Royal Government was a target, and the paranoia that came with that was almost as dreadful as the Titans themselves.