22

After my party last night, Lizzie has been avoiding me, and I'm not sure why. She's continued this trend all morning, until a zombie attack interrupts our routine. Somehow, this sentence seems almost normal after everything we've been through. MG and I manage to throw the zombie inside the school, with MG pushing it back as Lizzie siphons from me, setting the zombie on fire.

"Lizzie, we have to trap it so Malivore can't send another monster. Incinerating it kinda defeats the purpose," I remind her.

"Pff, fine," she relents, and casts a spell to extinguish the fire. It's been a pretty eventful morning so far.

Turning to my side, I notice Caleb with a girl I haven't seen before. "Hey, I'm y/n," I introduce myself to the new girl.

"Don't even think about it," Caleb interjects, and I back away, realizing she must be his sister that he mentioned would be here for Commonwealth Day.

There's a festival in town for the occasion, and maybe I should check it out after taking care of the cooked zombie. I can't help but wonder if burying it will prevent it from coming back to life. Let's hope so, because that's exactly what we've done. I carry the zombie into the woods while MG digs a hole in the ground for it.

"So, what's going on with you and Caleb's sister?" I ask MG, catching him off guard.

"Nothing... why?" he responds, clearly nervous.

"I saw the way she smiled when you came in, like a freaking superhero. Pretty epic if you ask me," I tease.

"It's nothing, really. We're just friends," MG reassures me.

"If you say so, mate. Did you tell Lizzie about Sebastian?" I ask.

"I thought we already established that I'm not the best person when it comes to giving Lizzie news about this guy. Why don't you tell her?" he suggests.

"She's been avoiding me. I can't believe I miss her talking my ear off. Plus, I think she went into town for the festival," I explain.

"Hey, where's Jo? I haven't seen her this morning," MG inquires.

"I honestly don't know. She started acting weird too last night," I confess. I didn't mention it before because I thought it was nothing worth mentioning. After she gave me the record player for my birthday, I left and took it to my room. When I came outside to go to the party, I noticed she was different. Is this like a twin thing? They're both acting weird, and now one of them is gone, and the other one is avoiding me.

"Okay, I think I'm done," MG says, and I throw the zombie into the hole. I can't believe how many bodies I've buried since coming to this school.

"Well, it was a pleasure burying bodies with you, MG, but I would rather do... well, anything else," I comment, feeling a bit exhausted from the task.

"Wait, we kinda needed your help," MG interrupts.

To my surprise, MG and Caleb actually made up a plan to find Sebastian, and I must admit, it doesn't totally suck, so I went on board with it. Basically, Caleb's sister was the bait, and no, we didn't send her unarmed. We gave her some vervain to defend herself, and she'd have two vampires and a wolf watching over her. We waited until it got dark outside, figuring that a vampire who was basically in a box for decades wouldn't risk attacking someone in town where literally anyone could see him. Plus, we don't think he has a daylight ring, so he can only feed when it's dark outside.

We kept an eye on Caleb's sister as she walked through the woods, and not long after, we see Sebastian ready to attack her. She quickly turns around and sprays some vervain into his eyes, and MG and Caleb pin him against a tree while I check to make sure she's okay. To be fair, she almost got bitten by a vampire. Sebastian tries to push them away, so I help them keep him steady.