16

After Roman told us that Landon is in danger, we immediately set out to find the others. We need to get him back. If Triad got him, then there's only one place he could be.

Rafael comes looking for us, apparently. "I'm coming too," he declares, more like a statement.

"No, you're not," Hope clarifies.

"Look, Landon is my brother. You'll need me there, so I'm coming," Rafael insists.

"We already have two vampires, two witches, one tribrid, and my cutie here is a werewolf," Hope says, referring to me. Aww, she called me cute.

"Hope is right, Raf. Why didn't you say anything about the side effects? We could've helped. And by 'we,' I mean Hope," I interject.

"I thought I had it under control, but I was wrong. I feel like my brain's split down the middle, and I can't control myself," he admits.

"I have something that could help," Hope says, rummaging through her things, It turns out to be a ring. "It's kind of a reverse kyanite ring. When you use it, you can turn at will. But once you use it, you can't turn back. When you want to turn back, you'll have to find me."

She offers him the ring, and he takes it, looking deep in thought. "Thank you. Please, go save him."

"We will," I assure him, determination in my voice.

"Alright, let's get this party started," I announce as we head downstairs to meet up with the squad. Caleb and Jo are coming in our direction, and now we wait for Lizzie. It doesn't take long until she joins us. When the twins see each other, they ask at the same time, "She's coming?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, we need all the help we can get, and you both need to stop this twin war."

"Until MG joins us, we should load up," Hope suggests, and we make our way outside, where we're met with the Triad people. One of them steps forward. "Oh, sorry, we were just about to knock," he says sarcastically.

"Who the hell are you?" Lizzie asks.

"Name's Burr. Triad Industries."

Okay, first of all, who the hell names their kid Burr? Hope tries to do a spell, but it's not working. Why is it not working?

"I got this," Caleb says, but when he steps into the sunlight, he starts burning. His ring isn't working.

"What you don't have is magic, which is why your daylight ring won't work. And what we have is stakes, wolfsbane, and other things. So I think you should invite us in," Burr taunts.

They gather every student in the main hall.

"We're looking for an artifact known as the Chalice of Armathea. We have reason to believe it's in your school's collection. Now, you know this place a lot better than we do, so the sooner you help us find it, the sooner we'll be gone. Triad thanks you for your time," Burr announces. They show us pictures of the item they're searching for, but I've never seen it in my life. We need our magic back. But first, we need a way to contact Dr. Saltzman.

We manage to sneak into Dr. Saltzman's office, with the twins, Hope, and me. Hope tries if the phones are still working, but they're not. "It's dead. We need to find the school's phone," Hope says as we start searching the office.

"Check MG's tighty whities," Lizzie suggests.

"Really? This is serious," Josie says, disapproving of Lizzie's joke.

"Oh, I'm sorry, we can't all be born with a resting concerned pouty face," Lizzie retorts, causing Josie to gasp.

As we keep searching, something catches my eye. "Hey, didn't this shelf used to have books on it?" I ask.