1

So, here I am in Mystic Falls. It's a new place for me, and things are kind of strange. Sam and I decided to move here, leaving our old home behind. It was a big change, and sometimes I miss my old friends and the city I used to live in.

I got a job at a place called "Mystic Grill." . It's not the best job, and school can be tough too. The people at my new school are different, and I'm still figuring things out.

Even though it's not easy, I'm trying my best to fit in and make new friends. Mystic Falls looks pretty, with its nice views, but it also feels mysterious. People talk about strange things happening here, but I'm not sure what's true.

Life at Mystic Falls High hasn't been easy for me. I'm the new kid, which is hard enough, but on top of that, I have an accent that makes me stand out. It's been tough fitting in, and most of the students have treated me like I'm weird.

There's one person, though, who's been kind to me. His name is Landon Kirby. We connected because we both had challenging family situations. Landon was a good friend when I needed one.

But if my school life was tough, Landon had it even worse. He was the target of a lot of teasing and bullying, especially from a guy named Connor. I can't stand that guy.

Landon and I weren't exactly best friends, but we managed to make each day at school a bit more bearable for each other.

Then, one day, Landon suddenly stopped coming to school. It seemed like no one else noticed, but I couldn't help but wonder where he was. He had mentioned before that he had plans to run away with his friend Rafael.

From what he had told me, Rafael was like a brother to him, and they had always been there for each other. Honestly, I could really use a friend like Raphael right now. I hope he's ok.

If you wonder what happened that day when we had lunch with caroline and the girls well, it went surprisingly well. Lizzie and Josie turned out to be really nice, and we hit it off pretty quickly. Just to clarify,

Josie and I aren't in a romantic relationship. She actually told me she has a girlfriend, and I completely respect that. We're great friends though, and we talk a lot.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other often because she can't leave the Salvatore School much. It seems like a strict place, but I've never been there myself.

So, Josie and I mostly communicate through phone calls, and sometimes she drops by The"Grill" while I'm working.

Luckily, I'll get to see her this Friday. Mystic Falls High is having a football game against the Salvatore School, and it'll be my first time actually setting foot in their school. While I'm not into playing football, I'm excited to cheer for Josie and show my support.

Plus, I can't deny the satisfaction of seeing Connor's expression if our high school happens to lose. So, it's a bit of a double win for me.

I glance at the clock and realize it's nearly closing time. Naturally, I'm stuck with the dreadful task of closing up The "Grill". It's not a terrible place to work, surprisingly, even though I've only been here for about four weeks, I've managed to become the "employee of the month", so that's something.

I double-check to make sure everything's locked before I start walking home. My place is only about 15 minutes away, so I like taking my time.

One thing I enjoy about this town is how quiet it gets at night. Despite the stories about strange animal attacks and all that, things have been pretty peaceful since I arrived.

But sometimes, I can't help but feel like there's something odd about this place.

I arrive home, and to my surprise, Sam is still at work. He's been doing this for a few days now, and it's starting to worry me. He comes back really late and then has to wake up super early for his job at the Salvatore School. I can tell it's taking a toll on him.