17

Hey everyone, guess what? I made it through my first year at the Salvatore School! Can you believe it? It feels like ages since the whole Triad ordeal. Now that summer's here, things are looking different. Dr. Saltzman isn't our headmaster anymore, which is quite the change. And with it being summer break, most of the students at Salvatore School have headed home to be with their families. Even Lizzie jetted off to Europe to hang out with Caroline. I think they're in Sweden or maybe Poland... honestly, I've lost track. But we do keep in touch almost every day.

Luckily, Josie decided to stick around here at the school, so I won't be left to fend off loneliness all on my own. Well, maybe she stayed to keep her dad company, but I'm definitely taking advantage of her being here. Oh, and there's more. Raf has been trapped in his wolf form ever since the Triad attacked us. We've tried everything to change him back, but nothing seems to work. We're completely clueless as to why he's stuck like this. I try to keep him company now and then, being the only wolf who can shift at will. It helps him feel less isolated, but unfortunately, it doesn't last long.

Landon has been a constant presence by Raf's side ever since he became stuck in his current form. This whole situation is taking its toll on him too. With Raf being like this, Jed has stepped up as the interim alpha. They even offered me Raf's position, but I declined. I've never been part of the pack before, and I feel like it's too much responsibility. Honestly, I think Jed is a better fit. Despite our rocky start – I mean, he did try to kill me – we've moved past that and become good friends... or so I hope.

Anyway, it feels like a fresh start. The monster attacks have ceased as well. Apparently, when Landon woke up at the Triad Headquarters, he found Malivore destroyed. The strange thing is, he has no memory of how it happened. Dr. Saltzman is still investigating that night, and honestly, I'm curious too. Ever since then, it's felt like there's a crucial piece missing from my life, like I'm searching for something but can't quite grasp it.

I can't shake the feeling... What if it's not something we're missing, but someone? I won't deny that thought has crossed my mind, but I highly doubt it's possible.

Since that night, I've sensed a shift within myself. I believe I've undergone some changes too. These days, I find myself spending the majority of my time alone, either working out or roaming in my wolf form. Truthfully, the only person I've been spending significant time with is Josie. She's my closest friend, and while we've always enjoyed each other's company, since summer began, we've been practically inseparable. Just last night, we fell asleep in her room while binge-watching 'Friends'—again, I might add—and I must admit, I thoroughly enjoy our time together.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I've been hitting the gym a lot lately, and right now, I'm in the school's gym, getting in another workout session.

Starting with some cardio, I hit the treadmill hard, feeling my heart pound and my lungs struggle to keep up. Then it was onto the weights. With a deep breath, I approached the bench press, ready to challenge myself. Gripping the bar tightly, I lowered it slowly, feeling the strain in my muscles as I pushed myself to the limit. With each repetition, I could feel the burn intensify, but I welcomed it, knowing it was a sign of progress.

Moving on to the dumbbells, I targeted different muscle groups with various exercises. Bicep curls, tricep extensions, shoulder presses. As I powered through my workout routine, I found solace in the familiar rhythm of lifting weights. I couldn't deny the results; my muscles were definitely showing some gains, but more than anything, I used exercise as a means to clear my mind. Suddenly, the buzz of my phone interrupted my focus, and I glanced down to see Josie's name flashing on the screen.

"Yellow," I answered casually.

"Hey, stranger. Where did you disappear to this morning?" Josie's voice came through, sounding slightly teasing.