2

Hope's pov

"After I helped Y/N get out of the woods, I made my way back to the Salvatore School. I needed to blow off some steam after being 'interrogated' by Emma for using black magic while trying to find Landon. He better pray that I won't find him, because if I do, then he's as good as dead. I'm tired of being manipulated by liars."

I just hope Y/N didn't see anything suspicious. I arrived at the Salvatore School and saw Rafael standing by the car. "Hi?"

"Hi."

"What are you waiting for here?"

"You, and Dr. Saltzman."

"Why are—"

"I know you're going after Landon, and I'm coming with."

"No, you're not. Actually, you should stay out of it. He's a liar and a thief."

"He stole a stupid knife."

"Nothing here is a stupid anything"

"Look, he's my best friend, so I'm coming."

"I'm the only one who knows how to find him, so you better back off, or else."

We were both cut off by Dr. Saltzman. "He can come."

Is he serious right now? This must be a joke. "Are you serious right now?"

"Look, he knows Landon better than any of us, so he could help us. Now both of you, let's go,"

I couldn't believe this. Suddenly, getting beaten up at football by Mystic Falls High didn't sound so bad anymore. Oh crap, I told Y/N I'd be there. I hope she won't be mad at me.

Y/N's pov

Sam and I have just arrived at the Salvatore School, just in time because the game is about to start. I see both teams getting ready for the match. Based on what I've heard, Mystic Falls High always wins against the Salvatore School, which is probably why they act like such jerks—thinking they're superior just because of a football game. It's kind of insecure, if you ask me.

I spot Jo and Lizzie among the players, but to my disappointment, I don't see Hope. It's weird, though; she said she'd be here. Is she okay? Did she get lost in the woods too? Okay, calm down, Y/N. I doubt that's the case. I just hope she's okay."

Okay, the game is not going so well for the Salvatore School, and Mystic Falls High is acting like they've already won. God, they're so annoying. So, I've never been a fan of American football, but I must say, it's caught my interest.

I looked to my right and saw Sam talking on the phone. His expression suggested that something serious had happened. After he hung up, I approached him and asked if everything was alright. "Yeah, nothing to worry about. I just have to check something. I'll be right back."

Weird. It must be something work-related. Anyway, after a while, the Salvatore School seemed to be improving; it was as if they had been holding back earlier.

Okay, I think the Salvatore School might actually win this game. Mystic Falls High is getting sloppier while the Salvatore School is improving, it's like they're a completely different team.

The game is almost at an end, and if the Salvatore School scores once, they'll win. Everyone is in their positions, and when the whistle blows, it's like everything is happening in slow motion. Lizzie throws the ball in the air, and her teammate is running to catch it, but he unfortunately drops it.

I let out a defeated sigh, and it appears that Mystic Falls High remains undefeated.

Everyone starts to cheer for Mystic Falls High as the game ends. The teams face each other, shaking hands after the game.