9

"So, basically, you found Landon and his biological mom. She was working for an intelligence organization, and her job was to keep the supernatural world a secret. Essentially, she was a hunter. However, over time, she realized that she couldn't remember the monsters she had captured and studied. So, she started taking notes and discovered that her memory was being erased. The reason she couldn't recall those creatures was Malivore, a dimension that devours supernatural beings and erases all memory of them. You found out that the knife Landon stole was one of the keys that keeps Malivore contained. Later on, you discovered that Landon had also stolen the second key, which happens to be an urn. To track down Malivore's location, you allowed a fish-like creature to take the urn, hoping it would lead you to him.

However, things took an unexpected turn. The monster exploded, and when you regained consciousness, you were the only one who remembered what happened. You remember Landon's mom, even though she jumped into Malivore. And now, you know that Landon's father is Malivore."

"Yup, that's pretty much how it went down," Hope says as she casually gets dressed for school. "It's seriously not fair though. Landon gets the green light for Salvatore School, and I'm just left out in the cold, you know?"

She turns back to you and gives you a sweet peck. "I know, baby, but we're not giving up. Sam is still searching for answers about your family."

"Yeah, I know," you reply. "So now, we have to protect an urn from all kinds of monsters." I pause for a moment and then add with a grin, "When did my life become so... awesome?"

She chuckles before leaning in for another kiss. I adore this woman, I think to myself.

"So, are you getting dressed?" she asks with a playful tone.

"Yeah," I respond, a smile on my face. I said I'll go to school with Hope and help them with research about Malivore and all that. With that, I get up from the bed and start getting dressed.

We both arrive at the Salvatore School. "Usually, this place is more crowded," I remark.

"Well, some of them are staying at the Lockwood Mansion, you know, for their own protection since we have monsters looking for the urn," she explains.

"Well, in that case... wanna make out in your dorm?" I tease.

"Y/N, I have to study," she responds, her tone playful but firm. "I have exams next week, plus you said you'll help Dr. Saltzman with research."

"Uh, fine, fine," I respond with a playful pout.

Before she can leave, Dr. Saltzman comes to find both of us. "We have another monster," he announces.

"Well, that didn't take long," I remark. "What happened?"

"Rafael got hurt in real life from a nightmare," Dr. Saltzman explains.

"What was the nightmare about?" I ask, curious.

"One of his foster dads, and there was also a woman too," Dr. Saltzman says, his expression grave. "She was wearing an old black dress and a veil. She came for the urn."

"A woman in an old black dress and a veil who can control people's dreams... sounds like a night hag," I offer, and both Hope and Dr. Saltzman look at me as if I've grown two heads. "What?"

"So, I spent two hours in the library to find out what a night hag was, and you already know that. Great," Dr. Saltzman says.

"Well, what is it?" Hope asks, genuinely curious.

"It's basically a spirit trapped on the astral plane, and it can only interact with us in our dreams, or in this case, our nightmares," I explain, shedding some light on the situation.