7

It's been five days since the twins' birthday party. I had to return to Mystic Falls High, and somehow, I managed to keep my job at the Grill because apparently, Dr. Saltzman and the owner are very close. Unfortunately, my access to the Salvatore School is quite limited, so Hope and I barely have time to see each other. However, sometimes she helps me sneak into the school for... well, let's call them "study sessions." Yeah.

Speaking of which, I just noticed that my shift ends in about twenty minutes. Since Sam is busy dealing with the Necromancer at the school, I'll have the house to myself most of the time. Hope is coming over later for... umm... more "study sessions."

Finally, my shift is over, and I bid goodnight to my coworkers. I make my way home, and as I approach my house, I notice the lights are on in my room. That can only mean one thing. I quickly unlock the front door, step inside, and close the door behind me. In a rush, I head upstairs to my room, where I find Hope, my tribrid girlfriend, reading on my bed.

Yes, I admit, sometimes my tribrid girlfriend has a tendency to break into my house. If you don't have a tribrid girlfriend and someone else is in your house uninvited, you should definitely call the cops.

"Took you long enough," she says, smiling in my direction, which makes me chuckle.

"I'm glad to see you're comfortable, my love," I reply, and she giggles before getting out of bed and giving me a loving kiss on the lips.

"Are you kissing me because you missed me or because I'm the one who is cooking us dinner?" I ask teasingly.

"Can't it be both?" she answers, making both of us laugh.

"I'll change really quick, and then I'll get started," I say.

"Can I borrow some clothes for tonight? I was thinking maybe I could stay over," she proposes.

"Yeah, of course, but are you sure Dr. Saltzman won't notice you're missing?" I ask with a hint of concern.

"I'll just wake up really early to make it in time for our training sessions," she explains with a confident smile.

I hand Hope a pair of shorts and a hoodie, then grab some shorts and a t-shirt for myself. She heads to the bathroom to change, and I change in my room to avoid making her feel uncomfortable.

Dinner with my girlfriend after a day of work is like living my dream. She eventually emerges from the bathroom, looking completely adorable in my clothes, which somehow make her appear even shorter. We make our way to my kitchen to start cooking for my beautiful girlfriend. She sits on the counter as I begin preparing dinner.

"How was work today, honey?" She asks, smiling.

"We sound like a married couple," I add, making us both laugh.

"It was very boring, like there were no huge spiders or zombies, so I guess it was alright. How was your day, love?" I inquire.

She chuckles at my previous joke. "You know, the usual. Monsters coming to our school, trying to save the world, stuff like that," she says, making me laugh along with her.

"I'm serious, how are things with that necromancer guy?" I ask, concern in my voice.

"Well, he's in there for days now, and we still don't know why he wants that stupid knife or how to stop all of this,"

"Hey, it's okay. We're going to figure things out," I reassure her, even though deep down, I'm unsure of what the future holds. Dr. Saltzman mentioned a name the last time I was at the school, 'Malivore.' We know that thing is sending these monsters, but we have no idea what it is or how to stop it. Maybe my parents' research would be useful.