20

When I woke up this morning, Josie was already gone, which was pretty weird. I looked for her around the school, but I couldn't find her. Apparently, yesterday after the game, there was a fight again between the Salvatore School and Mystic Falls High students and principals too. I don't know what he did to make Dr. Saltzman punch him, but I'm sure he deserved it.

The bad part is that Dr. Saltzman is no longer allowed on school grounds, which sucks. His daughters are here most of the time, and he can't even see them. I don't know why Caroline chose him to be our new headmaster. Maybe for once, I should stay out of this.

I should focus on my studies this year, which will be a challenge since we have new monsters coming up. But I can try. Right now, I'm in the library studying for the history of magic. Of course, we learned about the original witch, the one who created the original vampires, which were her own children and husband. I wish I could meet one.

"I need to talk to you," a voice said, and when I look up, I see MG rushing to my side.

"Good morning to you too, Milton," I respond, resuming my reading.

"I need to talk to you about Lizzie and Sebastian."

"Look, MG, I get it. Lizzie told me everything, I mean everything, about Sebastian. But if you want my opinion, he doesn't seem that great. I mean, what girl wants an attractive, tall, mysterious guy who is also a gentleman... Well, now that I've said this all out loud, this guy sounds perfect. Sorry, mate."

"He's not real," he says, and I give him a confused look.

"What do you mean he's not real?" he looks around to check if someone is listening, which by the way is very dumb. We're in a school full of vampires, wolves, and witches, for God's sake.

"I'm telling you, during the game, she just ran away, and I got worried, so I followed her, and I heard her talking with Sebastian, but no one was there."

"That doesn't make any sense. We know Lizzie has her issues, but nothing like this. Are you positive no one was there?"

"I saw her making out with the air. So yeah, I'm very positive. We have to tell her."

"Yes, you're absolutely right. We should tell her, and by 'we,' I mean you."

"What? I thought you're gonna help me."

"And I am. I told you what you should do. Look, MG, this is a delicate situation, and you're the perfect candidate. You're her comfort person. Basically, you're the only one who could tell her about this without making her think she's crazy."

"I guess you're right. Okay, I will tell her."

"Good luck, mate. I should've known there's no such thing as a perfect guy."

MG gets up and leaves. I know it sounded like I just said all that just to get out of this situation, but that's not entirely true. I meant what I said. MG is that kind of person for Lizzie. He always saw the good parts in her and accepted the bad ones too. MG is the definition of a 'good guy'... well, except for the Ripper part, but we don't talk about that.

After all this studying, I need a milkshake. Maybe I should go into town and get one. Nah, I mean, I said I'll study more and going all the way for a milkshake, it's ridiculous.

Yeah, I did it. I couldn't help myself. I got bored, so I went to order my milkshake. I don't know why, but I always get the same thing: a peanut butter blast with whipped cream on the bottom. When I walk outside, I see Raf and Landon, and they're going towards Mystic Falls High School. Maybe I should keep an eye on them. I mean, not following them, that would be creepy, I just mean observing them from a distance... which basically is the same thing. Okay, yes, I'm following them, and I'm not doing a very good job since I already lost them in the crowd of students. Great.