6

I woke up feeling a weight over me, and when I look down, there's Hope sound asleep on top of me. She's so cute when she's sleeping. God, I'm so whipped. Glancing at the clock, I see it's seven in the morning.

I should probably get up and get ready for the day.  I know Sam came back with Dorian and Dr. Saltzman last night, but I was kind of preoccupied. Today marks my last day here – it's Josie's and Lizzie's birthday – and I promised Josie I'd be her date for the night.

Turning my gaze back to Hope, I take a moment to admire her peaceful slumber – not in a creepy way, of course. Careful not to wake her, I shift slightly and tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She stirs slightly, a small smile gracing her lips.

"Are you watching me sleep? That's creepy," she playfully teases, her eyes still closed.

"Ok, I know you're a tribrid and all, but can you also read minds?" I ask with a grin. She giggles, her eyes fluttering open.

"Morning to you too," she greets me, a warm smile on her face.

"Morning, beautiful," I respond, my heart racing as I look into her enchanting blue eyes.

She pecks my lips and then gracefully gets up from the bed. "So, are you ready for the twins' birthday party? I've never been to a supernatural birthday party before, so I can't wait," I say, lounging on her bed.

"Parties aren't really my thing, so I don't think I'm going. I didn't know you were going," she responds, busying herself with getting ready for the day.

"Well, Josie asked me to be her date for the night, so I kinda have to be there," I explain.

"Oh, you're gonna be Josie's date?" she asks, a note of something in her voice.

"Well, yeah. She's my best friend, so why not?" I answer with a shrug.

"Mhm, yeah, sure," she replies, her gaze avoiding mine. Is she... jealous right now?

I can't help but tease her a bit. "Is there something wrong?" I ask, a playful tone in my voice.

"No... of course not. Why would it be? I think it's great, y'know, you and Josie... yeah," she responds, but her words carry a hint of uncertainty. It's like she's trying to convince me or herself, and not quite succeeding at either.

I chuckle and slip out of bed, coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her. "Hope, me and Josie are just good friends, that's all," I assure her, placing a kiss on her cheek.

She lets out a sigh. "I know, I know. I promise, it's fine." She turns to face me, cupping my face as she kisses me. Every time her lips touch mine, it's like I'm getting addicted to the sensation.

"Good. I should probably go find Sam. We still need to have that talk," I say, reluctantly pulling away.

"Do you want me to come with you?" she asks, her hand still caressing my cheek.

"No, it's fine. I need to do this on my own, but thank you," I reply, genuinely appreciative of her offer.

She gives me another peck on the lips before I start to step away. "Good luck."

"I think I need more kisses for luck," I say, giving her a playful pout.

She chuckles. "Y/n?"

"Yes, my love?" I answer, looking at her expectantly.

"No chance," she playfully shoots down my request.

I can't help but pout again. "Why not?"

"Because if we keep kissing, I won't let you leave anytime soon," she says in a flirtatious tone.