The Black Rose

Sonic

I groaned and my eyes fluttered open.

Neptune's trident...morning already?

Sunlight shone through a window and I squeezed my eyes shut. I wanted to sleep some more, but this headache wasn't helping.

I sighed and leaned in against the fever hot pillow...
Wait.

I sat up straight and the world unblurred.

I was still in the Captain's cabin, and the empty bottles and glasses of wine sat on the table.
I sitting in the same chair as Shadow, one of his arms resting on me, as if we had been cuddling.
He was fast asleep, his hat lay on the floor.

I could feel my face grow hot and I carefully slipped out of his arms as not to wake him.

I looked at him as he slept peacefully in the chair.
After last night...something in me put him in a whole new view.

I sighed and grabbed a blanket off one of the armchairs and placed it on him.
I stared at him once more and for some reason, I could feel something....flutter, in the pit of my stomach.

I don't know what came over me, but I leaned down and kissed him on the forehead.
I then turned on my heel and left.

Once I got outside the cabin, I closed the door softly behind me, and thought about the action I had just done.

Heat of the moment, right? It was nothing!

I could feel my face get hot and my cheeks turn red as I placed my fingers to my lips, the lingering feeling of his warmth...

I shook my head, pushing away the thoughts, and started towards my cabin.

Some of the crew were waking up and waved to me as I passed.
I waved politely and then stepped into my cabin, closing the door.
Then I pressed my back against the door, sliding to the floor.

Goodness what was this pirate doing to me?!?

~

Shadow

I groaned and sat up with an aching headache.
I looked around and noticed the cabin was empty.
Sonic must have left already...

I stood up and a blanket fell off me.
Huh, did he leave that there for me?

I picked up my hat off the floor and placed it back on my head. I glanced at the empty bottles but then I heard the door open and Rouge walked in.

"Captain! Good, you're up, we're sailing into the docks of Welbrine. Unfortunately one of the patches below deck has started to rot, so we'll need more tar to patch it up." Said Rouge.

"Ah, alright." I mumbled rubbing my head.

"Drink too much?" She asked, glancing at the empty bottles.

"Tch, it's fine. I was just sharing a few drinks with Sonic. He must have gone back to his cabin..."

"Yeah I saw him walking back to his cabin earlier." Rouge said.

I nodded and she opened up a map on her desk.

"Once we patch everything up we should be on our way right to the Black Sea. Sonic said that we should be able to recognize it once we reach it." Said Rouge, trying to calculate distance.

"Sounds good." I said. "Tell the crew to get ready to go on land."

She nodded and left the cabin and I looked over the map.
Soon we were all out on deck, my crew out in a uniform line while Sonic stood at my side.