The Talk of the two

Tw! Blood, bludgeoning, death
Third Person

The next day had passed by quickly. The crew had patched up all the holes in the ship, and were introduced to Tails, Kit, and Tangle.

They fit in easily, and were extremely helpful at fixing the Cursed Pearl.

Sonic was just happy to be around his brother again, constantly sticking to Tails's side and chatting with him about all the crazy things that had happened on their way there.

Sooner than everyone knew, night started to fall and everyone went below deck to eat what Big made for dinner. Black and Raven had come along with Eclipse and they all chatted and enjoyed themselves.

Shadow was enjoying being around his crew and family, but during dinner he noticed Sonic get up and leave. He left and went upstairs to the starboard deck.

Shadow stood up and Eclipse looked at him.

"Excuse me for a minute." Shadow said leaving to go follow the prince.

He walked up the steps to the deck and saw Sonic standing at the railing.
He could hear soft singing coming from the siren as the soft ocean wind blew through his quills.

Shadow walked over, listening to the prince, not wanting to disturb him.

"See me now, a ray of light in the moon dance."

"See me now, I cannot leave this place."

Shadow stood a good distance behind him as Sonic sang the soft and elegant melody.

"Hear me now, a strain of song in the forest."

"Don't ask me, to follow where you lead."

"You know..."

Sonic quickly turned and saw the Captain walking towards him.

"I wasn't lying when I said you have a very beautiful singing voice."

Sonic stared at him then smiled.

"Ah, you flatter me Captain." He chuckled softly.

Shadow walked up and stood next to him, leaning onto the railing.

"Why aren't you down below deck?" The hedgehog Captain asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Said the siren.

"Well, I came to follow you since it isn't always  healthy to isolate yourself from others."

"Fair point."

"So why are you up here?"

Sonic was quiet and looked back out on the sea.

"I wanted to get some air...and think...I haven't sung in a good while too and it was annoying me." He hummed.

Shadow nodded and it was quiet between them once more.

"So...you were alone for a year?"

Sonic looked at Shadow, his green eyes widening but then he looked away at the sea.

"I was...I didn't have anyone else to run to outside of the kingdom. I lost Tails and my moms and my other two siblings, I was separated from any sense of safety that was a part of my clan. And then...it got kinda lonely...wandering the oceans. I got used to it though, the emptiness, the isolation..." Sonic said, a sad smile forming on his lips.

"What happened the day you were attacked?"Shadow asked, staring softly into his eyes.

Sonic sighed and looked down at his hands on the railing.