The New Crew

Tw! Slight blood
Third Person

There was a chirp coming from pale lips and the Prince's green eyes fluttered open.

He sat up, rubbing his head. It felt like he had a ton of bricks dropped on him or the worst headache from a hangover.

"Mmgh...what happened?" He groaned.

"You received quite the shock, that's what. I'm surprised Surge's shocks didn't absolutely fry you."

He looked over and saw Shadow sitting in the corner of the room, reading a book.

"W-where are we?" Mumbled Sonic.

"My parents house, my Mami insisted on helping taking care of you after you rescued me. Thank you for helping me last night by the way, but don't ever do that again." The Captain said, not looking away from his book.

Sonic sighed and flopped back into the bed.

He glanced over at Shadow and saw his state.

He wasn't wearing his cap or jacket. He was wearing his boots with leather pants. His white blouse was more unbuttoned to show off his toned chest and abs. He had a few bandages on his chest but either way it made Sonic go red.

He looked down at himself and realized he didn't have a shirt on either or pants.
He had somewhat grown accustomed of the mobian custom of wearing clothing outside of the water, so to not have clothes kinda embarrassed him.

He turned an even deeper shade of red and pulled up the blankets on the bed he was laying in up to his chin.

"So uh, what are you doing in here?" Sonic mumbled.

"I was waiting for you to wake up. How are you feeling?" Asked Shadow.

"Tired, I have a massive headache, and my throat hurts." Sonic groaned, rubbing his forehead.

"Here drink this, it'll help with your headache and throat." Said Shadow, standing up and handing a cup of tea to Sonic.

The siren took it and sipped at the tea, then looked up at Shadow.

The Captain had patches on his face and all the blood had been cleaned from his lips and chin, and...his eyepatch was removed.

His eye was closed but the long ugly scar across his eye definitely wasn't.

"Like what you see?" Chuckled Shadow, seeing Sonic staring at him.

Sonic snapped out of his trance and grumbled, looking back down at his tea.

"Hey, from what happened last night, I don't want you risking your neck for me, alright? Get my team to help, okay? You may be a Prince, but if I hadn't punched Surge last night, you would have been dead." Said Shadow.

"I'm fine. It was nothing more than an electrical shock." Huffed Sonic, drinking his tea.

"Yet you screamed like you were being ripped to pieces." Growled Shadow, annoyed how the hedgehog was just brushing it off.

"That's just a natural siren scream, I'm fine, Captain." Sighed Sonic, setting down his cup on the nightstand by the bed.

Shadow growled and grabbed his shoulders and stared into his eyes, slightly annoyed at how the siren was brushing off the serious situation.

"Listen, Your Majesty." Shadow spat. "You cannot just do what you want and run around without consequence. You are to stick by me or get my crew for help, got it? You're no help dead and I will make sure that you stay safe. No more risky rescues or missions without my consent or the crew's help, got it?"