063..

** THE NEXT DAY **

📍Oakridge, St Andrew
APRIL 7, Friday
9AM

📍Oakridge, St AndrewAPRIL 7, Friday9AM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 21

Paying close attention to the needle pushing through the piece of cloth in my hand, I ensure the next stitch matched carefully with the last.

The things yuh do when yuh tek up man.

Bringing the thread up to my lips after doing the last stitch, I bite the excess piece off before sticking the needle in the roll of thread and held the pants up to look at it.

"Wul' this.." I tossed the pants to Azaro, picking up the needle and thread set I used and put it on the bedside table before comfortably laying back down on the bed.

Curling up under the covers, I turn my back to him and picked up my phone to continue watching TikTok videos before he disrupted me.

Him have how much pants and a go bother me fi sew up pocket because a dah one deh him waah wear.

Nuh understand how him can cook, clean and do everything else but him cyah sew.

Or him just like tek set pon me.

"Sure yuh nuh waah fawud with me? Nuh know wah time me a come back enuh" he spoke, my eyes not leaving my phone as I focused on the cooking video that was playing.

"I'm fine. Gwaan bout yuh business"

I haven't been in the best mood since the whole situation with my father yesterday. He's yet to say anything to me and the rest of the evening was awkward.

I didn't want to stay in the house, so I went home with Azaro and planned on staying here with him and his family until it's time for me to go back to Florida.

Mi never yet so shame and hurt inna mi life.

Mi nuh care how it sound, but not even when Azaro did a cheat mi did feel how mi feel now.

"Want mi bring back sumn fi yuh?"

His voice sounding closer, I turn my head to look at him standing at the side of the bed, the pants I threw at him now on his body.

"I'll text you" I answer before turning my head back to face away from him, hoping he'd just leave and not prolong the conversation.

"Cyah hide out yuh father forever. Uno affi eventually talk bout it" I felt his weight on the bed before feeling a kiss on the side of my face.

"I don't need to talk to him. I have nothing to say and clearly he doesn't either— and I'm not tryna hear the give him time, he'll come around thing because him never gwaan so when Tey said she was pregnant" I respond, feeling his hand move to touch my belly, slipping through the robe I was wearing to touch my skin.