008

** 3 DAYS LATER **

SEPTEMBER 27, Friday
📍Camperdown High School, Camperdown Road • Kgn

3:15PM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 17

"Yuh have likkle manners. You'll be fine"

"Yuh uniform still look neat. Yuh nuh sweaty. Still smell nice, yuh nuh ugly—"

How do you turn off that little voice in your head?? It annoying now.

"Gweh yah gyal"

"Later girl..see you Monday" Dedra hugged me after I walked her to the school gate.

I only talk to her. She was the only one not playing in my face... and she cut off the other two.

"Mi can walk wid yuh fi get a taxi enuh" I tell her and she only smiled.

"Girl, I'll be fine.. stay inside and wait on whoever a pick yuh up"

Right... now I'm nervous all over again.

Seeing the familiar BMW park across the school, i furrow my eyebrows, my suspicions confirmed when I felt my phone start ringing in my pocket.

"Seet deh. Dem all reach" she adds, the call ending before I could answer.

Him stay bad essi.

"Later" she hugged me one last time before walking away and I sigh, walking over to the car, hearing the doors unlock when I got around to the front seat.

Mi really and truly a do this.

"One night wid him nah kill yuh"

It might.

And I had to lie to my father too. Use all Dedra name and ask her fi lie to him too that I'm having a sleepover with her. He believed her.

The door opened before I could touch it and I got in, his eyes instantly connecting with mine, the nervousness once again rushing in.

"Think yuh did stop talk to the girl dem" he says as soon as I close the door behind myself, his scent enveloping me and I relaxed a bit.

Bwoy smell real nice.

"I stopped talking to the other two.. she wasn't in on it.. I like her"

"Oh... Weh she a go?" he asked and I noticed he was watching her walk away to the top of the road.

"Home..?" I look at him confused.

"Town or Half-Way-Tree she a go Tae?" he looked at me and I felt a little embarrassed.

How mi did fi know a that him a ask?? Mi kinda slow enuh.

"Half Way Tree.. a wah?"

"She chat nuff?" he ignored my question and I shook my head no.