Happy Birthday, Gee!

Dearest Gersnard,

I don't quite know where to start. I'm sure everybody says that though. I'm sure everybody is going to tell you that you saved them or something.
But you didn't save me. You're kind of, saving me.
Because there's a lot of people out there who have saved me, temporarily. But none of them were quite like you.

I say you're saving me because I don't think anybody really could exactly save me. Yeah, people have helped me hold on but I've always had this feeling.

Like I don't belong anywhere. I don't fit in with any cliques, nobody talks to me because they think I'm some kind of freak. I feel like we have a lot in common, you know? We were both outsiders in school, we're both art kids, and we're both different.
You're different from the crowd and it really feels like you're showing me that it's okay to be different- that I can really be myself.

That I can like what I like, I can dress how I dress, I can feel how I feel and I can love how I love.

You're really making me feel like it's okay.
Like I'll be okay.
Like it's okay to be different, like I can stand out of I want too.
Because you've set that for me, you're my role model.

You've stood out even when people practically spat on you and called you names.
But you kept going.
And I really thank you for that, because now since you've kept going- I'm really trying to give myself a chance to keep going.

I really hope you have a happy birthday. You deserve one.
Have a good time with Lindsey, Bandit, your other family and friends. You deserve the most happiest fucking birthday there is!

I love you

-xxx Robin