009: Chang

Everyone was completly against the idea of Chelsea going back to work, accompanying her dad to meetings and even leaving the house.

But, Tommy was the only one who understood, he told the others that Chelsea could get back to work as that was the only way she wouldn't be stressed.

He did, however, keep her physical movements to a low, he wouldn't let her walk to places that she normally would and would make sure that wherever they were, she was sitting down.

"Linda has a friend." Tommy said as Chelsea sat across him at his desk, "I've told Arthur about him, but I made sure to tell him that Linda said they were just friends."

"You believe that?" Chelsea asked, her one hand over her stomach, "You believe that this man and Linda are just friends?"

"I don't know." Tommy sighed, leaning back and lighting his cigarette, "I just know that I need my brother in one piece, he'll sort it out."

"And your meeting with Mr. Mosley?" Chelsea asked, "How was that? Was he still talking about his stupid fucking fascist party?"

"He will be resigning from the Labour party the day before he announces the formation of his new party." said Tommy, "The British Union of Fascists is going to be made on January the 1st next year, 1930."

"Great." Chelsea groaned, "I'm going to be bringing my child into a world full of fascists. Just what I wanted."

"Come on." Tommy said, standing up and walking around his desk, "We'll miss our meeting."

Chelsea and Tommy made their way to Charlie's Yard, Tommy assured Chelsea that nothing would happen but he still made her stand slightly behind him, half of her body covered to just be safe.

Chelsea's chin lifted and she put on her poker face as she watched the boat drift down the canal, Jimmy McCavern standing at the front holding his gun in his hand.

"Mr. Shelby," Jimmy smirked, "My bullets ache to get inside your tinker head."

The man began to sing.

Up to our knees in Fenian blood
Surrender or you'll die
We are the Brighton Derry Billy Boys

Jimmy lifted his gun to the air and fired twice before slowly bringing it down and aiming at Tommy.

Tommy didn't flinch, nor did Chelsea, they both stood there completely still, neither of them concerned for the other's life at this point of time.

Chelsea felt a rage brewing inside her, staring at the man who had killed her friend, Bonnie. She wanted him dead, gone, die the way Bonnie did. But, Chelsea knew better than to let her rage take over her brain so she stood completely still.

He lowered the gun and placed it back in his pocket before grabbing a white flag that was supported by a wooden stick and stepped off the boat.

Slowly making his way over to the father and daughter.

"You know it's a pity," said Jimmy, "I was looking forward to killing you."

"You're at the back of a long queue ." said Tommy.

Jimmy pointed back at his boat, "My white flag is a flag of truce. Yours is more a flag of surrender."

"Whatever you say, Mr. McCavern." said Chelsea, "Colour is the same, the outcome is the same."

"I believe we have friends in common." Tommy added, "We should postpone our war."

"Your brother left me a hand grenade." said Jimmy, looking Chelsea up and down from where she stood, behind her father.