ACT 3

1924

1924

Chelsea was now 16 years old. And she was an older sibling. She was a sister. She had a brother.

Charles Shelby.

Chelsea never knew she could love someone this much. When Charles was first born, Chelsea was too scared to even hold him, she frightened that if she touched him, he would break.

But one night, Grace and Tommy were asleep and Charles was crying. Chelsea left Isaiah and went into her brother's room and he lifted his arms up, asking to be picked up.

Chelsea picked him up, and held him, a wave of life and affection washed over her. She loved Charles with every single bone in her body and promised that she would protect him for the rest of her life, putting his life before her own.

Chelsea was still shaken up by the incident that happened on Derby day when she was almost shot, but she was finally able to sleep without any nightmares.

It took her a while and for a few months, she couldn't even bring herself to leave her father's side and if Tommy was being honest, neither could he.

Chelsea's life was finally going good again, nothing and no one had bothered or harmed her family in a year.

Yes, there were always the odd dodgy business partners, but it was never drastic and no one ever got kidnapped or hurt.

Chelsea finally had hope that her life would get good again, that this happiness would last forever.

But she was wrong.