011: Billy Kimber

Chelsea noticed something was very. . .wrong with Tommy one of the days. He seemed more down than usual, he was talking to her like he talked to everyone else.

So, Chelsea made the risky decision to talk to her dad about it whilst he was tying a bow at the back of her dress.

"Daddy?" Chelsea said gently, trying her hardest to sound caring and make sure her voice was soft.

"Mmm." Tommy hummed in answer, conforming Chelsea's theory that something was wrong.

The bow was now tied allowing Chelsea to turn around and face her dad, "What's wrong? I know somethings bothering you. You can talk to me, dad."

Tommys face lit up slightly, a warm smile drawn, "Do not worry about me, Princess. I am fine."

Chelsea shook her head and placed a single finger on her dads cheek, stroking his face gently, "Don't lie, dad. It's me. It's just me and you like it always has been. Seeing you sad makes me sad."

"Chelsea, I am fine as long as you are fine." said Tommy, taking his daughters hands in his, "Stop worrying about me, okay? Now, do you like this dress? I think it's beautiful."

Chelsea turned away from her father and looked at herself in the cracked mirror that leant against her wall, "Yes, it's stunning. Thank you."

"It's alright, kid."

Chelsea and Tommy arrived to The Garrison a whole lot later than everyone else, for it had took Tommy a lot of convincing to prove that he was okay and that Chelsea should not worry about him.

As they entered the pub, both of the Shelby's had an identical smile on their face from everyone in their singing "The Sunshine Of Your Smile," which brightened up both of their moods.

But Chelsea noticed something else than the music brightened her fathers mood, and that was when he lay eyes on a certain blonde bar maid who spoke kindly to a man at the bar.

But, Chelsea watched as her fathers eyes travelled over to the man who seemed to be getting to friendly with Grace, and Chelsea could see the anger that was now leaking out of Tommy.

"I bet they're in the snug." she said, trying to drag her fathers attention away from Grace before he caused an unnecessary scene.

Tommy nodded and aloud his daughter to guide him through the crowd that separated as soon as they saw the two leading Shelby's and into the snug.

As soon as the door to the snug opened, John stood up and smirked proudly, "There's my favourite Shelby!" he shouted, grabbing Chelsea and lifting her over the table, sitting her down next to him, "You look beautiful. Don't know where you get that from."

Tommy and Arthur scoffed, leaving both John and Chelsea giggling at his previous joke.

Chelsea loved how John and Chelsea just understood each other, they were always laughing and whenever Chelsea was with John, there was never a dull moment.

The door opened as Grace entered, holding a few glasses and a bucket, Arthur was too busy shuffling his cards to even notice the woman.

"Did you want whiskey as well?" Grace asked politely, staring down at Tommy with affection.

Tommy shook his head and gently replied, "No. Just beer."

Arthur finally looked away from his cards and let ScudBoat play on his own for a moment, "Why no whiskey, Tommy? Are you expecting trouble?"

No reply.

The pub sounded louder than ever, a dozen drunk men singing like their was no tomorrow, swirling their wife's around and dancing, "Jesus Christ, Tommy, what the hell made you let them sing?" John laughed, "It's like they're strangling cats out there."