Chapter 9: Awkward conversations

I couldn't believe what happened today... I was still baffled by it. Andrew really fucked up, and it ended up working in mine and Luca's favor... It was crazy how it all happened so fast.

Luca sat on the clinic bed and watched me as he had the ice pack pressed onto his cheekbone, where I had watched Andrew's fist graze an hour earlier. It was swollen and a definitely red. I'm pretty sure a bruise was developing, as it started to look a little purple in some places.

I held Luca's hoodie in my hands. It smelled like him. I was sort of scared to put it on after what happened. Would people come up to me and ask about it? Would they want to know if Luca and I were dating? I hoped not... Not that it mattered.

I sighed and slipped the bright red hoodie on over my head. It was big on me, which is how I liked my hoodies anyways. It was so comfortable... and, if I'm being honest, I loved that way it smelled. Like deodorant and sweat, but not in a musty way... It was manly, but not overpowering.

I pulled the hood off, as it had gotten stuck on my head when I put it on. I looked back up after readjusting my glasses. Luca had the biggest, dumbest smile on his swollen face.

"You look cute in my clothes..." he teased. I may have blushed just a little...

"Well, thank you for the hoodie. I like it. I promise I'll get it back to you as soon as possible." I said, as I looked into Luca's grey-blue eyes...

"Of course... No rush. I could look at you in that hoodie every day." He kept teasing. Of course...

"Does your face feel any better?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Somewhat. I'm just ready to go home already..." He whined. I couldn't blame him. His face looked pretty swollen on just the one side...

"Aww... poor baby." I cooed sarcastically. Luca rolled his eyes and chuckled.

After about another hour, we went back to Mr. Fletcher's office, where he asked a few follow-up questions. He pretty much confirmed that they had looked at the security footage and that it was Andrew who was the assailant.

"Thank you Mr. Fletcher, we appreciate it a lot. Thank you for all your help." Luca said calmly. The older man nodded and patted Luca on the back. He gave me a nod as well.

We left the office and headed to third period. We had been in the office and in the clinic for a while... Luca held the ice pack on his face with one hand, and knocked on the door with the other. We entered the class together... and I was wearing his hoodie.

Shit...

I didn't realize how bad this would look until now. Oh well. I've learned to stop caring too much of what other people think. I'm just a little scared of getting bullied again.

Everyone turned and stared, of course. It was mostly Luca who was getting the stares. A lot of kids caught his so-called "fight" with Andrew on camera, and let's just say that shit spreads like wildfire.

We walked to our seats and sat down. We were still seated next to each other from the project. Mr. Wilson would probably split us up soon...

Classes resumed as normal for the rest of the day, and finally we were out. I was so tired. I felt like I could nap forever...

After classes, I waited near the exit to the student parking area. I figured it would be a little easier and safer than waiting by my now dented locker. Luca appeared and walked over to me. He still held the icepack on his face. Thank god for that, because it looked pretty rough.

"Hey..." he said, looking me up and down. It kind of worried me for a second, but I remembered I still had his hoodie on. I don't know what it is with guys and enjoying seeing their partners in their clothes...