12. "Moonlit Bridge"

The basketball court buzzed with energy as Morb and I squared off against Zeus and Flynn. Ash, acting as the referee, blew the whistle, signaling the start of the match.

"Alright, let's just get it over with," Morb said, his voice brimming with confidence as he dribbled the ball.

"You got it," I replied, determination fueling my every move as I scanned the court for openings.

Zeus and Flynn wasted no time in asserting their dominance, their movements fluid and coordinated. Flynn, with his towering presence, towered over us like a titan, his presence commanding attention wherever he moved. Meanwhile, Zeus moved with agility and precision, his every step calculated to outmaneuver his opponents.

"Keep an eye on Zeus, he's quick," I warned Morb, my gaze never leaving our opponents.

Morb nodded, his focus unwavering as he intercepted a pass from Zeus. With lightning speed, he darted towards the basket, only to be met with resistance from Flynn, whose towering frame blocked his path.

"Nice try," Flynn said, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips as he deflected Morb's shot.

Undeterred, Morb attempted to regain possession of the ball, his determination shining through despite the odds stacked against us.

Meanwhile, Zeus weaved through our defense with ease, his agility and skill leaving us scrambling to keep up. As he made his way towards the basket, I moved to intercept him, but he effortlessly sidestepped my defense, leaving me momentarily stunned.

"Damnit," I muttered, impressed by Zeus's skill despite my frustration at being outmaneuvered.

The game raged on, each team refusing to back down as the tension on the court reached a fever pitch. With every dribble, pass, and shot, the stakes grew higher, each player giving their all in pursuit of victory.

"Come on, Morb, I can't play alone!" I shouted, rallying him as we pushed ourselves to the limit.

But despite our best efforts, Zeus and Flynn proved to be formidable opponents, their teamwork and skill undeniable as they executed play after play with precision.

As the match intensified, Morb made a daring move, attempting to steal the ball from Zeus. However, his efforts were met with resistance, resulting in a collision that left Morb clutching his palm, blood dripping from a gash.

"Oh, man, are you okay?" I asked, concern evident in my voice as I rushed to Morb's side.

"Don't sweat it, he's fine," Zeus replied, his voice calm despite the intensity of the moment. "Man up, Stand up" he said looking towards Morb.

With Morb unable to continue playing, the match came to an abrupt end, resulting in a draw between our two teams.

"Good game," I said, extending a hand to Flynn, a newfound respect blossoming between us despite the fierce competition.

"Likewise," Flynn replied, his expression mirroring my sentiment as we shook hands, the tension of the match melting away in the aftermath of our hard-fought battle.

As Morb winced in pain, clutching his injured palm, Ash and I quickly escorted him to the infirmary room. The sound of his labored breathing filled the air, a reminder of the intensity of our match against Zeus and Flynn.

"Damn, Morb, that looked like it hurt," Ash remarked, his brow furrowed with concern as he examined the wound.

"Yeah, no kidding," I replied, my own hands trembling slightly as I searched for a first aid kit.

Morb gritted his teeth, his jaw clenched in pain as I carefully cleaned the wound. "Nuts," he muttered under his breath, a grimace crossing his face as the antiseptic stung his skin.