4. "The Plan Unfolds"

The morning air buzzed with anticipation as I woke up from the bed. Today was the day I would take the first step towards challenging Zeus for the position of headboy.

"Mum, I'm off to school," I called out, grabbing my backpack and rushing out the door. My mind was abuzz with thoughts of strategy and determination.

Riding towards school, I mentally rehearsed my plan. To stand a chance against Zeus, I needed to make myself known – and quick.

Upon reaching school, I was met by Morb, who was waiting for me at the entrance. We exchanged nods before making our way to class together, Ash already off to submit his CS homework.

As we entered the classroom, my eyes scanned the room for Lily. She wasn't there yet. Today, I would finally muster the courage to speak to her. I wanted to tell her about me standing for the post of headboy.

While Morb and Akeno were talking i didn't wanted to disturb them but I had to interrupt "Morb, who's the current headboy?" I whispered to my friend, eager for any information about my rival.

"It's Zeus," Morb replied, his tone tinged with disdain. "He let the power get to his head. Not someone you want to mess with. He once was a great guy with charismatic personality, but the power he got with the title of Headboy changed him."

I nodded, taking in Morb's words. Challenging Zeus would be no easy feat, but I was determined to try.

Turning back to Morb, I confided in him about my plan to run for headboy. He listened intently, his expression serious.

"Are you sure about this, Draco?" Morb asked, concern evident in his eyes. "Zeus won't take kindly to competition."

I nodded resolutely. "I know it won't be easy, but I can't let fear hold me back. Besides, I've got a plan," I said, my determination unwavering.

Morb grinned, impressed by my resolve. "Alright, mate. I've got your back," he declared, giving me a supportive pat on the shoulder.

With Morb's support, I felt a surge of confidence. Together, we would take on Zeus and his allies, no matter the odds.

I tell him about my plan to get known and for that I'd have to showcase my skills. "What are you good at?" He asks, "I'm a guitarist and I'm pretty good at basketball" He nodded.
As the bell rang, signaling the start of class, Morb leaned in closer, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Oh, by the way, did you hear about the music competition coming up?"

My interest piqued, I shook my head. "No, what about it?"

"Lily's participating, and she's going to sing," Morb revealed, a sly smile playing on his lips. "You're pretty good with the guitar, right? Maybe you could offer to accompany her. It'd be a great way to get noticed."

I felt a rush of excitement at the prospect. This could be my chance to not only showcase my talent but also get closer to Lily.

"Mate, I owe you big time," I said, gratitude flooding my voice. "You've always had my back, and I can't thank you enough."

Morb grinned, giving me a playful punch on the arm. "Hey, what are friends for, right? Besides, it's about time I stepped in to help with your love life," he teased, earning a chuckle from both of us.

"I love you, man," I declared, a genuine warmth filling my heart.

Morb's eyes softened, his expression one of genuine affection. "Love you too, brotha. Now go out there and show them what you're made of."

"Hey, what about me?" Akeno chimed in, her playful tone cutting through our conversation. "Don't I get any love?"

Morb flashed her a grin. "Of course, Akeno! You're like the annoying little sister I never wanted," he joked, earning a playful shove from her.

Akeno rolled her eyes, but a smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Gee, thanks, babe. Also Fuck you." She said with a smile.

With laughter echoing on our desks, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the friends by my side, each one adding their own unique flavor to my new forming group.

The Biology lecture droned on, but my attention was elsewhere as I watched Ash and Lily stroll into the classroom together. Following closely behind them were Iris and Zeus, an unexpected sight that caught me off guard.

I exchanged a nervous wave with Lily, feeling a surge of determination to discuss my plans with her. Ash slid into the seat beside me, and I leaned in, whispering about my decision to run for headboy. "Hell yeah!! Do it I'm with you" He said. His enthusiastic support buoyed my spirits, filling me with renewed determination.

As the lunch break approached, I steeled myself for the conversation with Lily. Joining Morb, Akeno, and Ash at our regular table in the cafeteria, I noticed Lily was already seated there and was waiting for us. Lily was waiting for morb because she wanted to discuss about the post Zeus shared to morb as well.

We all 4 got seated at the table and Morb opened his instagram to check the picture that was posted by Zeus.

"Damn. Look at them, They look so cute" Ash chimed in, gesturing towards the post. I shot him a warning look, knowing Lily was affected by this. He earned a death stare from morb as well and muttered a sorry, However lily was laughing and said "You're so cute Ash, You remind me of my younger brother" Ash chuckled and I nodded too.

Then I looked towards morb indicating about the headboy situation and he got the hint. He then started the conversation. "Zeus huh, so guys what do you think if someone from us stood for the post of headboy replacing him" morb said as he looked towards me and ash. Ash said "Sorry to disappoint but this is not my thing" Akeno jammed in "It's okay mate, we understand." Morb said "I could have participated but I'm already busy with my academics and I won't be able to manage" "Ah morby it's understandable that's the same case with me, otherwise I could have tried for the post of head girl too" Lily chimed in. "So, Draco, what about you?" Akeno asked. "I can try but you guys know I'm new here so people don't even know about my existence" I said hesitantly "You don't need to worry about that, Now hear me out Draco. There is a music competition around the corner and during that whole school is gonna be present so if we use this opportunity to use your guitar skills along with Lily's gentle voice we could get a boost in popularity because all the girls here admire guys with guitar." Morb stated. "You're a genius man. Okay so that's exactly what we're gonna do. I was already participating for singing but now it's a duo showdown. So Draco, Will you be my partner?" Lily asked with sparkles in her eyes. I chuckled and nodded and said "Ofcourse lily" "Great now we just need to go to Ms.Lavender and register you for the post of headboy and also get us registered for the music performance" lily said. "Okay sounds good but who is Ms.Lavender?" Akeno asks gently. "Oh, she's our proctor" Morb answers.

After lunch, we all head towards the class and got seated on our respective seats. After the Physics class Lily and I took the initiative, registering for both the music performance and my headboy candidacy with Ms. Lavender. As we walked to our next class, I accidentally collided with a girl in the hallway. It was none other than Iris.

I quickly apologized and picked up the papers for her. "Awww, i dont mind, it's alright" Iris said. I didn't respond to that but just noded and walked away with Lily.

"You know you didn't had to pick the papers, it was not your fault" Lily said. "Aww its fine I just did that to be on everyone's good book to get more votes." I laughed as I said this. "Damn, Politics huh" Lily chuckled.

Entering the classroom, I felt a sense of unease wash over me as I noticed Zeus's intense gaze fixed on me. It was as though he already knew about my plans, leaving me with a lingering sense of apprehension. Sighs, let's see where this is gonna take me now...