Wakas

Huling Kabanata

Daxiel Gustav de Clemente's

Love's unpredictable.

People don't even know when they are going to be hit by that so-called love. Apparently, it just happens. Napailing na lang ako habang pinagmamasdan ang mga kaibigan ko.

Of all my friends, it was Kyron who got struck of the love effect first. The guy who didn't believe in love most... ironically.

It's an interesting discourse.

I'm open with the possibility of love but I haven't found the right one yet...

Most are just forgettable faces.

No one has ever made my heart incredibly faster than the usual just like how they advertise it on the television or books.

"What the fuck, Jandro? You hired fucking strippers? I'm outta here!" Kyron was mad.

"Don't you want some fun? This is your last time to have fun! Kung gusto mo sana ng tahimik, sana nagpa-prayer meeting kayong dalawa ni Daxiel!" Jandro rebutted. Our other friends started betting on the two.

He gained a reaction from me.

I was minding my own business drinking beer, Jandro dragged my name on the topic.

I'm the quiet type but never religious, his words don't apply to me.

Anong malay ko sa prayer meeting?

"You're going to explain this to my wife or else this friendship will be over!" Kyron walked out.

I stood to follow Kyron's lead, it seemed the party was over. I was about to remove the fucking mask covering my face when someone stopped me from the door. She put her hand on my shoulder and started dancing sexily.

Itinulak niya ako, napaatras lang ako.

We reached the room.

Pinaupo niya ako sa kama samantalang pumuwesto siya sa gitna na may built-in pole. I woke up in trance and realized she probably thought I was the groom.

"Congrats sa kasal, sir. Sigurado ka bang gusto mo na agad pagtaksilan ang mapapangasawa mo?" Pabiro ang kanyang atake na mayroong talas.

Sumakay siya sa pole.

Pinagmasdan ko naman ang babae.

She was also wearing a mask. Lantad naman ang gandang taglay nito kahit mayroong tahob.

"Hindi ako ang magpapakasal. I'm just one of the groomsmen."

"Hala! Hindi ikaw? Sir, bakit hindi mo naman po agad sinabi? Nasaan ang groom?" Agad siyang bumaba sa pole.

"He walked out. It's just our other friend who prepared the bachelor's party and it's all his idea to hire strippers." Her eyes seemed worried, it must be the payment. "Don't worry I'll tell him to pay you even without dancing with the groom."

Ngumuso siya. "No hablas ingles. Dahan - dahan naman po, hindi na makasabay iyong tao."

Oh.

I laughed.

Tumayo ako at tumungo sa mini fridge. I got two beers.

"Gusto mo ng beer?" I asked her.

Ngumiti naman siya.

Tinanggal niya ang mask na tumatahob sa mukha. I was right on my observation. The woman's beautiful.