☠︎︎🩺 twenty four

༒︎Damon
***

"What...?"

I look down at William, seeing him grinning at me. Despite the fact that I was questioning my own sight, I truly wondered if I was really seeing my brother this way.

Because this wasn't him.

This was someone grander...stronger, almost too perfect to be my brother. This person just laid here and hasn't moved on inch. Except I could tell he was kept clean and he was in different clothes, they looked too crisp to not be new.

"Who is that?" I question calmly, my hands balling together as I look back at William angrily. "Who is that? That is not my brother."

"But it is. I don't think he liked hearing that." William snickers, my hands balling into fists. "This is him in all his glory. Don't tell me...you expected someone different? Any version he is, he's still your brother, right?"

My eyes widen on him, seeing his smile grow larger as I look away.

I rush to Jerome and just when I grip his shoulder, his eyes fly open.

Pure red eyes stared up at me, the grey color...gone. His face was more defined and he looked too good, too perfect. His eyes whipped around the place so quickly that I stepped back quickly, instantly looking at William in disgust.

"What...did you do to-?"

"He didn't do anything."

I heard Jerome's voice that was no longer pubescent and childish in nature. He sounded grown, in which, he was. I look back at him and saw him already sitting up. His perfection, just like the vampires...obvious to see. There were no flaws.

His eyes disturbed me...because they were no longer like mine.

They were like the monsters, like everyone else.

We are no longer the same.

He's dead, yet alive. He already died.

"Don't be upset... This had to happen for me." Jerome inhales deeply, his hand covering his nose as he looked at me warily. "I was dying. I know now that you saw me. You saw how sickly I looked, I didn't look the best that I could. I don't know what I had, but it was killing me. This...was the only choice, and my choice is to help humans as much as I can in this form."

I don't say anything, watching him turn just once and his legs were already flying off the bed. He stood up so quickly and I saw him almost look startled by his quickness.

When his eyes settle onto William, I saw that. I saw that look that once was towards me, yet for William, there was obviously something stronger laced within that.

His admiration, longing, loving. For William...now wanting.

"I'm just like you now." Jerome breathes towards him, smiling excitedly as William reached for his hand.

Right when Jerome went towards him I step right in front of them both. Jerome's eyes widening onto me and he looked absolutely irked. His eyes looking me up in down in displeasure...and he was now the same height as me.

"What...are you doing?"

"You...are my little brother." I say seriously, and he sighs.

"And?"

"And I need to speak to you." I sneer, shaking my head. "You don't even look excited to see me. After all of this time, this is the welcome I get? My brother, already dead? I don't even know this person-."

"You don't know me!" Jerome snaps in my face, my eyes narrowing onto him. "I was still a preteen when we were separated. I am...now an adult and I've changed the most. You were already basically an adult when we were separated. I know you, you don't...even know me; but William does-."