☠︎︎🩺 three

༒︎Damon
***

"Unless...you beg me to taste him."

The words that Aleksandr told a random guard...basically putting me out there. That rang new in my ears as if I was hearing them for the first time, every time.

I sat in the confines of my new room, sitting before a mirror once again. This time, it wasn't to prepare for a fight. I was already in my own, new version of hell - an infinite fight until the day I die.

It was a made aware to me that I have certain clothes I must wear when I leave my room, and I have certain clothes to wear even in certain parts of the house. I can tell that it's just some kind of game to them.

Because there was no reason why I should have a different outfit for a different area. What does that offer, besides having me go out of my way to entertain them because of something so meaningless?

I noticed that it was twenty minutes until dinner time. There was nothing else better I was doing with my time, so it was easy to get myself up and just start heading down.

When I left my room though, I was met by a guy standing right against the wall right beside my door. He was facing forward and didn't bother looking in my direction.

So they all look down on me?

Just when I was about to walk past him, he steps right in front of me. I look down at him like he's crazy and honestly wondered if he was one of the vampires who wanted to 'taste' me.

"I just want to tell you that you're the only human pet here," He informs me, shaking his head in disappointment almost, "and you will soon be replaced by the next one."

Never mind.

"My name is Elio by the way. I'm one of the guards-."

"Why do you say that?" I interrupt him with a question, and he even seemed surprised that I spoke up so quickly. "They went into basically nothing. They kill them, drain them of their blood, disposal; but why? What's the point?"

Elio doesn't say anything to me and goes back to looking forward. I look back forward as well, beginning to see the other vampires on duty that were passing through.

The way they looked at me with contempt yet want was disturbing. That hunger for what was in my veins was so obvious despite them trying to mask what they wanted with hatred for me.

Once they passed us, I kept looking forward for some time. I didn't move until I saw Elio shift slightly out of the corner of my eye.

I now look and saw him just stare up at me for a moment. Except for a vampire, he was the first one that wasn't looking at me like I was the weaker kind. It was almost as if he was looking at me to make sure of something.

And I wasn't sure what, but I hope he found what he was looking for.

"You don't belong to Lucifer, you belong to Aleksandr, yes?" Elio asks first and I nod. "That'll make you his first human pet. Lucifer has had hundreds, but it was never for blood, it was just a sick game for them. He knew he couldn't drink their blood without vomiting since... Once a vampire bonds themself to another, they can only survive off of the blood of the one they bonded with."

He pulls down his sleeve, and he points at the inside of his wrist.

"My boss has a mark here. He holds the mark because he submits all of himself to Aleksandr in mind, spirit, and heart. The vampire who holds the most authority over the other, receives nothing. It's a power play, in a way. Mentally and spiritually, Lucifer has given his everything to Aleksander. So, Lucifer can't live without Aleksandr; but-."