☠︎︎🩺 seventeen

༒︎Damon
***

"A blue rose?" Elio murmurs, looking at it for a little longer as we took hands. "Why do you think he gave that to you?"

I stay silent, just grinning at him as I turn us another way. My back now to the person who was staring me down. Aleksandr just watching me with the same matching corsage.

"It really doesn't matter. Thank you for yours though. It's a white rose, how ironic that you got me a rose too." I chuckle, watching Elio begin to smile up at me. His head laying on my shoulder and I became concerned that something may be done to him. "Do you know what it means?"

I turn the other way, seeing Aleksandr still standing there. Lucifer wasn't with him and I wondered where he went. This is supposed to be...it's not supposed to be like this.

Why am I feeling bad? They have to be planning this.

"A white rose means loyalty, purity...young love." He murmurs quietly, my eyes glancing back down at him as he still had yet to look at me. "That's why I asked why you were wearing a blue one on your chest. A blue rose means an unattainable love, longing, unrequited...impossible love. They're considered rare since they don't exist naturally so... That's why I was asking since the meaning is so strong."

I look back up, seeing Aleksandr still looking right at me. The blue rose corsage on his wrist and he shoved no emotion.

"Was it Aleksandr?" I heard Elio ask.

"Yes."

"Of course it was, why wouldn't it be? I'm asking dumb and obvious questions, I already knew the answer." Elio chuckles, shaking his head as he looks up at me. "He's still trying to mess with you. I don't know why he'd take it that far, no. He...He probably doesn't even know what that flower symbolizes, to be honest."

I nod, but this time I did...feel bad.

Not for what I thought I'd feel bad for though. I felt bad because I was letting myself feel bad for dancing with Elio, and not him. I felt bad because I know Aleksandr asked to dance with me first...not that I had a choice to say no, but I would've done it either way.

When Elio asked me, I just went with him.

Then for me to accept Elio's corsage right in his face as if I wasn't already wearing one?

"Maybe, maybe not. What difference does it make?" I say quietly, the dance over as I pull back from him. "You will get in trouble if I continue to dance with you. I'm happy we got to dance at least once."

"Me too." He smiles happily, showing his corsage to me once more. "I would love to do that again, anytime."

"Of course."

Once Elio begins to walk away, I go over to Aleksandr. Only to look and see he was no longer standing there. I already know that he's probably going to appear randomly again, and he's going to lash out.

Or...he'll lash out at Elio.

I walked over into where I believe he went, trying to find him. Except it wasn't hard to find him because I was suddenly no longer inside, but outside on a balcony.

Looking down at the person I was looking for, but his expression wasn't what I expected.

"Where did you-?"

"You made a fool out of me." Aleksandr says so softly, his eyes lowered. I folded my arms to my chest because it was freezing out here. "You're my pet...you are with me. You are to be my first dance, and I be yours. Yet, of course, you want to do everything in your power to embarrass me. Like accepting his corsage and wearing two of them."