Chapter 18: "Valende Festival Date"

For the acquired victory, the Dukedom celebrated the Valende Festival. Valende Festival is a festival in honor of the victory of the Fleuvan Dukedom. Royals, nobles, and commoners are welcomed in this festival and they treat eachother equally.

Meanwhile in the Duke's office, the Duke was pacing back in forth, uncertain if how will he take Hyacinth out on a festival date.

“Are you okay, Your Highness? You’ve been pacing back in forth for a while now.” Dean questioned.

“Dean, how did you take your wife on your first date?” the Duke suddenly questioned.

“Date, Your Highness? Well, I asked her if she wants to celebrate the festival with me and she said yes.” Dean smuggly replied, proud that he successfully asked a girl on a date in just one single attempt.

The Duke walked out of his office and left Dean confused.

The Duke rushed to the West Annex to seek Hyacinth out. On his way, he came across Beatrice and Ayhra.

“Good Evening, Your Highness.” they both greeted in unison. The Duke nodded and was about to go to Hyacinth when Ayhra stopped him.

“Your Highness, I have not experienced festival occurrence here in the Dukedom, perhaps you would like to accompany me?” Ayhra seductively said while twirling her hair.

“Lady Beatrice will accompany you, Miss Ayhra. I must go now.” the Duke said and went to Hyacinth hurriedly.

Ayhra pouted and stomped her feet, disappointed that her attempt failed. They saw the Duke knocking on Hyacinth’s door and they looked at eachother with suspicious gazes. They secretly went to Ayhra’s room.

Hyacinth opened the door and the Duke was standing there.

“What brings you here, Your Highness?” Hyacinth asked.

“Let us go the festival.” the Duke straightforwardly said. He mentally face palmed.

Stupid, you.’

“Certainly, Your Highness.” Hyacinth shrugged.

“Oh, that was easy.” the Duke mumbled.

“What was that, Your Highness?”
Hyacinth tilted her head in confusion.

“It’s nothing, come let us hurry!” The Duke excitedly exclaimed and unconsciously held Hyacinth’s hand and ran through the corridors.

Hyacinth was surprised and can't help but blush. Their excited footsteps was heard in the corridors and their laughs filled the castle.

“Tanghulus!!” Hyacinth excitedly shouted.

“Mister, give me all of your tanghulus.” The Duke smuggly said. Hyacinth and the vendor stood in shock with eyes wide open. The shock expression of the vendor quickly turned into a overly delighted facial expression.

“But You--” the Duke cutted Hyacinth off and put his arms around Hyacinth’s shoulders and put his mouth closer to Hyacinth’s ear.

“Call me Sébastien if we're outside the castle, Hyacinth.”

Hyacinth is uncertain herself why Sébastien saying her name makes her feel hot and feel butterflies. It was hot and seductive for her.

Little did she know that Sébastien did that on purpose. Sébastien smirked and turned back to the vendor. He put the bag of gold coins on the table and the vendor’s eyes twinkled as he opened the bag. He took a tanghulu and gave it to Hyacinth.

“Thank you.” Hyacinth mouthed.

Hyacinth stuffed her cheeks with tanghulus, she looked at Sébastien, who is staring for a long time now and showed him the most adorable smile.

Very adorable, she reminds me of a squirrel with nuts stuffed in it’s mouth.’ Sébastien thought and fought the urge to pinch Hyacinth’s cheeks.

After eating the tanghulus, they continued thereon on their journey. The last event of the festival is the “Dance Floor of Cupid”, this is a dance ceremony wherein youth finds the one that is meant for her or him on the dance floor. Sébastien saw this and didn't waste any time.

“May I have this dance?” Sébastien held out his hand and looked at Hyacinth lovingly.

“Don’t mind if I do.” Hyacinth replied. Hyacinth herself didn't know why she immediately agreed but she doesn't care.

They danced on the dance floor beautifully, almost as they were on their wedding. Their loving gazes and warm touches, they are bound to fall in love.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow
One step Closer

I have died everyday
Waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you
For a thousand years
Love you for a thousand more

After the dance, Sébastien took Hyacinth back to the West Annex, bid their goodbyes and slept with smiles on their faces.

I had fun.’ Both of them thought.