Chapter 3: "Meeting The Duke"

“Cinth, wake up. We’re here.” Jared shook me, waking me up. I didn't realized that I feel asleep in the journey.

I looked outside and saw a very large gate opening and when our carriage entered the Dukedom, people were throwing flowers and cheering the troop for the victory. As we arrived at the Duke’s castle, a bunch of knights greeted us. I stepped outside the carriage as well as Harley and Jared. Walter was outside and helped me. I looked around, admiring the Duke’s castle.

Knights opened the door for us and when we stepped inside, a bunch of people greeted us. I was surprised when a couple hugged me.

“Thank heavens you are safe, my darling Hyacinth.” the lady hugged me tightly. I looked at Walter and he smiled reassuringly.

“We received Walter’s letter about what happened and we cannot help but worry. I'm glad you are safe.” the man said.

Walter cleared his throat and all of us directed our attention towards him.

“Hyacinth, meet Count and Countess Guillermo, you’re parents.” I looked at the couple and started to wonder. These people are familiar, it seems like I’ve read about them before.

I was interrupted in my deep thoughts when a loud voice was heard.

“Duke Seteliz has arrived!!”

I diverted my attention towards the handsome man walking towards us. He has red hair that compliments his black orb eyes, pointy nose, and plumpy lips. The people around me bowed and I followed them.

The Duke approached Yuel and shook his hand.

“Congratulations for winning the war. Fleuvan is grateful.” the Duke said emotionless with a hoarse voice. Again, why does this person seem familiar?

The Duke looked at me and my parents. He approached me and shook my hand.

“I heard about what happened, I will appoint clerics to tend your wounds.”

“Thank You, Your Highness. I will never forget your kindness.” I shook his hand and bowed. The Duke let go of my hand and called the servants.

“Prepare the grand dining hall for we will have a feast.” The Duke said with authority.

“Come for we will celebrate.”

We followed the Duke and went to the grand dining hall. While waiting for the servants to serve, people around me were talking about all kinds of stuff, whether it be political or about the war. While looking at the people around me, I realized something. Why does the people here so good-looking? If Asha is here, she'll be thrilled and salivating. As I looked around I noticed the Duke looking at me with such intent. When he caught me looking at him, he diverted his gaze anywhere except mine.

Well, that was awkward.’

When the food was served, I ate to my heart's content.

“Count Guillermo, you’re daughter is blessed with beauty. Why did you send such a beauty in a war?” the old man said, across the table. Father wiped his mouth before answering.

“Yes, indeed. My daughter is blessed with beauty like her mother.” Father said and held my mother's hand and looked at her lovingly. He looked back at the old man.

“My daughter begged to be with his cousin, seeing how amazing archers are. I couldn't refuse my only daughter’s request so I sent her to his cousin. Then I heard the news that my daughter is an outstanding archer and I couldn't help but be proud and let her continue her passion.” he continued. The people around us were murmuring about my Father's response.

“What did you feel about your daughter going to the battlefield?” the old man asked again.

“I was very worried and begged my daughter to not go but my daughter refused saying that it is her duty to protect the people of Fleuvan.”

The old man was pleased as well as the other people around. I heard a lot of praises from them.

“Hyacinth Guillermo is as great as I’ve heard. Imagine, sacrificing herself for the people of Fleuvan, some knights doesn’t have that kind of courage.” the people around laughed.

“Indeed, it's even more amazing since she’s a woman.” the Duke commented and the officials nodded and agreed. We finished our food and went our separate ways.

I’m full and tired, I want to get some rest.’