Chapter 8: "Trainees"

Hyacinth returned to the Manor and was welcome by Yuel. Hyacinth wondered why Yuel is here in the Manor. Hyacinth was about to say something when Yuel cutted her off.

“Hey Hyacinth, I know you're still recovering but can you help us back in the camp? Trainees from the Deluvan Troop arrived yesterday and the archer needs a trainor.” Yuel informed Hyacinth. Fleuvan Troop is known as the most skilled troop in the Deluvan Empire and won a lot of wars. Some places in Deluvan send their troops here in Fleuvan to train.

“I will go. I lost my memories so I want to see where I worked and trained before.” Hyacinth answered and Yuel’s glint in delight.

Yuel and Hyacinth went to the camp which is on the other side of the Duke’s castle. They were a lot of trainees. Archers, Swordsmen, and those who uses spears. They were traineng diligently with compassion. The reek of sweat filled Hyacinth’s nose. Emerald is sensitive to smell so she’s quite surprised that she wasn't bothered by the smell.

Seems like Hyacinth is used to this.’ Emerald thought.

They arrived to where the archers were training. When the trainees saw Hyacinth, they instantly bowed and greeted Hyacinth.

“Good Afternoon, Archeress Hyacinth. The Deluvan Troop Archers are honored to meet and to be trained by Deluvan’s greatest Archer.” the Trainees said in unison. Hyacinth was overwhelmed and just smiled in response.

“As you know, our Archeress here lost her memory in a terrible accident.She may not remember anything but her heart will.” Yuel said, for Hyacinth, it sounds like a proverb or something. The Trainees cheered and went to their positions.

“I’m counting on you, Hyacinth. I wish you the bestest luck.” Yuel said and left me with the Trainees.

“Greetings, I will not be introducing myself as you know me very well. Grab your bows and arrows, I will demonstrate how to hit the target and I will be guiding each and one of you. I’m known as strict so if you failed, you will try and try until you succeed. I do not care if it's already midnight and you haven't ate your meal. The battlefield is hard, so I'll be training you on how to be tough.” Hyacinth said sternly. The Emerald inside Hyacinth was shocked.

The Archeress Hyacinth is talking, right now. Girl Power! Go, Queen!’ Emerald internally screamed.

Hyacinth picked up her bow and arrow. When she let go of the arrow, the arrow went straight to the red target. The trainees around here was amazed and couldn't help but clap their hands and cheered. Hyacinth smiled confidently and the Emerald inside her was simping!

After the long training, Hyacinth bid her goodbyes to Yuel and the trainees.

Meanwhile, in the Guillermo Manor, Karra received a message for Hyacinth. Karra read the letter’s sender, it was from the Duke.

“Lady Hyacinth is so beautiful! Her and the Duke are a perfect match!” Karra squealled. Karra heard the carriage and quickly ran towards the door.

“My lady, how was your training session?”

“It was quite alright, I’m glad I got to visit there.” Hyacinth answered.

“A letter was sent here from the Duke, it is for you, my lady.”

Hyacinth was showing a very unusual facial expression so the delusional Karra thought that Hyacinth was fluttered.

“Oh, do put it in my table. I will read it later.” Hyacinth regained her usual self. Karra nodded.

“I will be visiting the gardener so if someone is looking for me, I will be at the garden.”

You may be wondering why Hyacinth is going to the Garden. Hyacinth prepared a Plan B which is giving the Duke his most hated flower, dandelions. The Duke hates dandelions because it reminded him of his mother's hair which was white and his mother's eyes which were yellow.

Hyacinth approached the gardener and asked if they had dandelions and the gardener said they do. After Hyacinth got the dandelions, she went back to the castle hopping happily.

Plan B is ready.’ Hyacinth smirked.