War

Percy makes his way down the hill, passing Will and Nico's spots. Annabeth splits off to go to her spot. Percy marches down alone to talk with Ares. But about half way down the hill, Percy stopped. He took the clip out of his hair, and clicked it. Riptide erupted in his hand, and the army a few hundred feet away from him shuddered at the bronze sword. Percy raised his sword above his head, held it there for a few seconds before he slashed the air.

Percy turned quickly and ran to hide under a cliff face. As a tidal wave of dark liquid rushed past him, and hit the army. It didn't effect them in the slightest bit. At first the army was scared, but once they saw that the liquid just soaked their shoes, they started to laugh. Then Annabeth popped her head up, she was higher on the hill than Percy, she knocked a bow, with an arrow with it's tip set aflame. She drew it back, and let it loose. The arrow streaked through the air, leaving behind a smoke trail in it's wake. Then the arrow hit the ocean of the dark liquid that soaked the monsters feet, and instantly the whole beach erupted into a green dark flame.

Screams echoed out as the monsters and dead soldiers panicked, trying to put themselves out. Nico ran up to the cliff where Percy was hidden under it, trapped by the fire that now streaked up the path he took to get there. Nico kicked a rope that had been tied off around a thick tree trunk off the edge and it dangled in front of Percy.

Ares roared as he swatted the flames off of his body. They had no effect on the God of War, all it did was make him even more angrier. Percy joined Nico on the cliff, and they moved to another spot. They watched the army burn and melt away before most of them got wise and ran into the rough ocean. Percy closed his eyes and raised his hands. The waves seem to listen to him, as they battered the burned army who where trying to cool off. The water reached up, and crushed dozens, pulled more out to see to drown and suffocate many.

But a few hundred got free, and saw a pathway through the abandoned village. "Will now!" Annabeth shouted. Then Will rose up from behind a bushel of trees, and shot a flame arrow into the town. The arrow sored through the air and disappeared behind some buildings. At first nothing happened, but then a huge green explosion leveled the abandoned village. The shockwave sent Will flying to his butt, and the air around the whole island rose in temperature. Will got up and ran to his seconds spot, perfectly fine. He climbed up a wooden watch tower they had made during their first year on the island. Where Will then took up his bow and started firing at stragglers who did not explode.

Annabeth moved back, Nico went with her, and Percy moved behind a large rock on the main path up the hill. Eventually the fire was put out, and the rest of the army charged through and up the hill. Percy appeared from behind the rock and cut down 12 with only a flash of bronze through the air. Percy quickly got surrounded but that was nothing new for the ex-Spartan leader.

Annabeth watched her husband fight in the center of the crowd around him. Flashes went through her brain of the first times she saw him on the battlefield. The only differences now, they were on the same team, they're married, and he isn't slaughtering her soldiers.

"Help!" Will shouted. Annabeth and Nico turned to look at Will. Monsters were climbing up his tower, quickly trying to reach him. He fired arrows quickly trying to fend them back.

"No!" Nico yelled and broke formation.

"Nico stop!" Annabeth said. But he didn't listen.

Nico ran over to Will, and his gut tugged roughly. A dozen Spartan warriors rose from the ground and started to fight the monsters.

Suddenly fireballs started to rain from the sky, striking the ground in scattered spots. Hitting one by one, unrelenting. Nico had gotten up onto the tower with his husband, fighting by his side when a fireball hit the tower. Nothing was left besides smoldering wood, and monster corpses. The sky shifted quickly, going from midday to sunset. Annabeth quickly realized that Will and Nico were no longer alive.

The fireballs didn't stop there, they kept going, slowly encroaching to Annabeth. One hit at her feet, sending her into the air. She came down hard to the ground and her head smacked onto a rock.