Day

Panting heavily, Percy pulled the broken horn out of the minotaur's ribs. It was caked in blood, and slick to the touch. Percy looked over the body of the large beast, and saw Clarisse holding Annabeth behind a broken down pillar.

"Thanks for the help," Percy said sarcastically.

"No way am I fighting that thing!" Clarisse yelled. "You might be crazy, but I aint."

Percy climbed over the beast, and walked over to Annabeth, while trying to ignore his intense exhaustion. "Are you ok?" he asked her, looking at her swollen ankle.

"Yeah," she said. "It'll heal if we can just get out of this place."

"I'm ok too," Clarisse said.

"Here, get on my back, I'll carry you the rest of the way," Percy said, ignoring Clarisse. A snort echoed around the room. Annabeth leaned to look past Percy, her eyes going wide. Percy turned at the last second, and got hit with a large fuzzy fist, and sent flying across the room. Hitting the ground, landing in a dusty heap.

When Percy came too, he saw Clarisse jabbing her spear at the beast who had Annabeth clutching tightly in his hand. "Annabeth!" Percy yelled, pushing his body back to it's feet. Ignoring the screaming pain from everywhere on his body. Percy charged at the minotaur, blinding rage filling him. He jumped, flew over the minotaur head, turned 180 and stuck his sword into the furry back. Slowly sliding down, a cascade of hot blood splashing over him as his sword split the minotaur back in half. The minotaur fell, slamming Annabeth into the ground hard. The minotaur's body started dissolving into dust, and slowly sinking into the ground, leaving no trace of the beast behind. Annabeth lay lifeless in it's place. Percy rushed to her side, a large gash on her forehead was seeping blood. "We need to go now!" Percy yelled at Clarisse who just nodded. He picked up Annabeth in his arms and looked around. The large gate the minotaur came from had changed. Instead of darkness through out the tunnel. There was bright light at the end. Percy rushed down the tunnel, Clarisse following behind. About halfway through the tunnel the large gate shuttered loudly, and fell, slamming shut behind them.

Percy ran, and ran. His whole body screaming, his lungs burning with every breath, his heart pounding hard. But he kept running, his mind firmly planted on Annabeth's gash. The tunnel ended, and they were back outside, in the sun. Their surroundings were different now, definitely not Pephka.

"Were not in Pephka anymore," Clarisse said from behind him.

"We need a doctor," Percy said, looking around at the crossroads they were facing. He looked behind them, the tunnel they had came out of, was gone. Now it was just flat empty ground. Percy turned back to the three way cross roads. "Do you know where we are?"

"No clue, not yet at least," Clarisse said.

Percy looked down one way of the roads, nothing. He looked the other way, nothing. He looked the last way, nothing. "Fuck it," he said. Choosing the right road, and running.

Percy ran as hard as he could as long as he could, only realizing once he found a small village, he had acidnely left Clarisse in the dust. He found a woman, who looked at him fearfully. "Doctor please? Is there a doctor here?"

"D-down that way..." she muttered, pointing with a shaky hand.

Percy ran down the way she pointed, rand down a thin alley way until he reached the edge of the village. A large water fall was falling from a large cliff into a small lake that turned into a river. A large white tent was set up near the lake, night was setting as Percy made it.

"Be with you in a second," a man said. A tall man, with blond hair and tanned skin was bent down talking to a little girl. "Does it still hurt?" he asked softly, and the little girl nodded. "Ok, here's what you do. Close your eyes, and think you are a great big bear," he said, the little girl smiled and closed her eyes. "Now bears don't feel pain, I don't know if you knew that, but it's totally true. Now that you think you are a bear, raise your arms up like a bear and growl like a bear." He said, the girls arms raised up into the air, and she growled louder. "What was that? A dolphin? I said a bear, scare me with your bear growl?!" he said, goading her on. The little girl growled loudly, baring her teeth. "Yes!" he cheered. "Now how does it feel?"

"It doesn't hurt anymore!" the girl said.

"Go on back home cutie," the man said. The girl ran away growling like a bear, growing a thank you.

"You're a doctor?" Percy asked. "She needs help."

The man looked at Percy, "Woah, don't you need help?"

"The blood isn't mine," Percy said, remembering he was drenched in the minotaur blood.

The man stood up, and looked at Annabeth's head, "Yeah that's bad. Set her on this bed here, I'll take care of her. In the meantime, jump in the lake and wash the blood off you."

"Thank you doctor," Percy said, setting Annabeth on a bed, he gently wiped strands of blond hair from the cut. Percy stuck his hand out to the doctor.

"Names Will, Will Solace."