Prince of Sparta

After the battle in Lokris, Percy was wounded badly. He was loaded onto a Spartan ship, and was back on the ocean sailing back home to heal. Percy was dreading the trip, not only would he have to lay face down the whole time. He would have to stay below deck, wit the smelly rowers, and some how not vomit with the rough seas.

But Percy figured Poseidon took pity on him, the seas were as smooth as glass and the sails were full of strong wind the whole trip. Percy took a mental note to pray extra hard to Poseidon when he got back to Sparta. The trip seemed to fly by, and his wounds were getting better quickly. He was able to stretch his legs on the top deck after only a few days. It was night time when they sailed into the waters of Sparta. When they docked, Percy didn't bother to put on a tunic. His back hurt and the cloth would stick to his wounds. It was not a good feeling to pull out fabric from open back wounds.

To his surprise. The docks were filled with citizens of Sparta, all cheering his name. Flocks of girls screamed as he looked at them. Wounded soldiers saluted him as he passed. Percy was glad he decided to put on some pants instead of just going home in his loin cloth.

He really wanted to go home to the house he was given. But a group of the Kings guard walked up to him and told him to follow. Reluctantly he listened, and he was led to the building where the Kings held meetings and things. Percy never cared about politics and what the Kings did. In his mind, he was just a simple soldier.

The two kings smiled as Percy walked in. He stood in front of the two Kings and looked around. People started to laugh, he didn't know why.

"Perseus!" One of the Kings said. "It is customary to bow to one's king," The King laughed. Percy bowed awkwardly and the Two kings laughed again. Which everyone else in the room followed the Kings and laughed too.

"Perseus, I am King Paul," One King took a step closer. He looked nice, was covered in scars and muscles, smelled good.

The king on the right raised his hand, "And I am King Gabe," This king was stinky, fat, and ugly looked like he ate and drank more wine, than any training. "This is my daughter Clarisse," he pointed to a big girl. You could tell they were related, but she was a lot different than Gabe. She was thick with muscle, and had scratched armor from being worn in plenty of battles.

"This is my son, Luke," King Paul pointed to a tall man, Percy recognized him from when he started the Spartan school. Luke was older than him, and only went to school with Percy for two years before graduating. Luke was tall, covered in scars and muscles. He was good looking, with full sandy blonde hair.

"Hello," Percy bowed. He was starting to feel underdress. He was standing in front of the kings and the prince and princess of Sparta, in just tattered old pants. He stunk too, like blood and filth from being at sea for weeks.

"You grew up an orphan, right Perseus?" King Paul said. "On the streets all your life before entering military school?"

"Yes, sir," Percy said.

"Wow," King Paul said. "No wonder you were top of the school at such a young age. And the reports of your ferocious fighting, as you can see, inspired all of Sparta. This last battle at Lokris, reports came in. That you single handedly fought off the Athenians as the remaining Spartans retreated for reinforcement. And a kid somehow ran into the battlefield, those bloodthirsty Athenian dogs tried to slaughter the young kid, and that you protected him at the coast of almost dying." King Paul said.

Percy was baffled. That's not at all what had happened, yet he felt relived too. If the truth, that he had protected Athens best commander, he would probably get executed within the second.

"We called you hear today young Perseus, to give you what you have longed for," King Gabe said, in a rough voice. And in a tone like he would rather get in a wrestling match with a bear on fire.

"I have decided to adopt you Perseus, into my family. From this day on, you will be a commander in the Spartan army, and known as Prince Perseus!" King Paul announced. Gasps filled the room and Luke protested loudly.

"Father you can't be serious!" Luke said. "Letting street trash become royalty? Are you mad?"

"Silence Luke!" King Paul growled, the whole room fell silent. "You haven't even seen battle yet Luke, you command from the back like a coward. Not like a true Spartan! Perseus is more Spartan than you could ever be."

"I-I challenge you, Perseus! To combat!" Luke yelled holding up his spear. The room roared in cheers. King Gabe and his daughter Clarisse looked like they were about to watch a fight in the arena.

"Still your spear Luke!" King Paul said. "Even wounded, Perseus is no match for you."

Luke growled, and stormed out. Bumping Percy's shoulder with his armor. Percy didn't budge, and Luke's armor dented a little.

"Sorry about my son, Perseus. Or should I say your brother," King Paul walked up to me and held out his arms for a hug. He wrapped his arms around Percy, carful not to hit his wounds. "You must be weary from your trip, please go to your home. A room at my palace is being prepared for you, it will be ready. So, go, get a bath at the bathhouse, or would you like a whore or femboy? Maybe more than one," King Paul nudged Percy's ribs.

Percy went with just a bath, and went to his house alone. His head spinning from everything, the one thing that kept him from going crazy. That Athenia girl, Annabeth.