Chapter 28

The owner of the hand pulled her towards him which made her fall back into the bed. Tensed, she wriggled her wrist as an attempt to free herself.

"Still fighting? Your stubbornness is quite intriguing.. However.." He halted, shifting his gaze to her, she too turned towards him, her mind completely fazed.

"You should know your place in my presence." he continued, gripping her hand firmly.

"W-what do you want now!?" she stuttered yet her voice was one that was filled with annoyance. Her annoyance stemmed from being interrupted just as she finally thought about a way to release all her tension. She knitted her eyebrows at him.

"You really don't learn, do you?" he sighed.

She rolled her eyes and turned her head away. Even if she was trying to be all mad, deep down, she herself knew what she wanted right now, but she just wouldn't admit it.

Sukuna smirked, he knew he was really pushing her buttons. It was absolutely entertaining for him, her naiveness and vulnerability was a cherry on top.

After a moment he inquired,
"Where were you going?" his smirk widened.

This man wasn't dumb, he knew precisely where she had intended to go, he knew exactly what was on her mind. It's evident after what happened and also because of the heat she was emitting.

She remained silent.

The one thing that The King despised was disobedience, especially from the one who  doesn't hold any power to have that disobedience.

He pulled her against him, bringing her closer to his side, startling her as she turned towards him. He held her wrists firmly while staring at her with a unamused face. His touch was as cold as ice.

Y/N shoot a disdainful glance and averted her gaze with an attitude, she was really annoyed by his face. His face reminded her about what he has done to her, the pain he inflicted to her and to her loved ones, whether recently or months ago.

Her looking away, the way she just acted made him furious. It clearly showed her disrespect towards his authority.

Being disrespected by someone as lowly as her, enraged him.

"Look at me, whore." he commanded, his voice sharp and filled with a hint of hostility.

Caught off guard by his words, Y/N snapped out of her fazed mind and turned to him.

"Ah, so I was right, then. I knew you would obey me if I address you like this. Because that's exactly what you are, a whore." he mocked, as a sly grin painted his face.

"What did you just call me?" she questioned disbelievingly, rising up from the bed and sitting upright. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I called you a whore. Do you want me to show you the meaning of that word?" he replied, his voice filled with arrogance and a hint of sarcasm.

"How dare you-"

"How dare me? How dare you argue with me. Do you think this attitude is fine?" he questioned, fixing his gaze on her with an unimpressed expression.

The faint glow of the streetlights from the window was the only source of light. Though dim, it was sufficient to highlight their actions and expressions.

"And you think what you did is acceptable!?" she questioned, slightly raising her voice.

As soon as he heard that, he got up from the bed and sat upright just like her. His gaze fixated on her.

"You really don't know what you're doing, huh? You should be glad that you're still in one piece." he snarled, his voice threatening.

Y/N took a pause and looked at him.